INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac + QHY9 + CFW2-S + SW EQ6R-Pro: No funciona

• Thank you received: 8
I just came here to mention two issues with my QHY camera that I know about so far. One is the mentioned temperature issue. I did accidentally get it to work and saw in the log that the cooler came on but it was a total accident and I could not repeat it.

The second thing is that my QHY16200A camera has an "overscan" area which is to the right of the photo. ASCOM driver allows you to check a box to "remove overscan area". Here is an example of the ascom driver. See the checkbox on the right: www.qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?action=dlat....0;attach=9492;image

The Overscan is an area of the image from top to bottom that is a rather large unexposed area. Here is an example: www.qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?action=dlat....0;attach=8458;image

Pretty much I can not use this camera with ekos until both of these issues are addressed. I have another camera I can use, two other cameras actually, but they are both one shot color cameras and I live in a red zone so I like to do narrowband with my QHY from home.

*both linked images are from QHY's website and are not my own.
4 years 9 months ago #39650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #39764

• Thank you received: 809
Well I have been working on an astrometry/python/plate solving issue the last few days, so i havent had any time to do anything with this, but i can send him a link to this forum and see if he can address it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodrigo González Valderrama
4 years 9 months ago #39794

Hello Rob
Do you know of a particular EQ Direct cable and driver that works with the following combination:
MacOS(latest mojave) + EQ6-R Pro + KStars
Thanks
4 years 9 months ago #39910

• Thank you received: 809
So I have used this cable with the Orion HDX 110 and my MacBook: USB2EQ5 Interface Cable and it had no problems. Our club has this mount and I have controlled it with this cable on a number of occasions. I have controlled it directly with my Mac. Often I have used my Raspberry Pi, however, so I don't know if I recently tested it with my Mac. I also don't remember if I had to install any drivers. I already have drivers installed for more than one USB to serial adapter, so one of those might be making it work. As for the EQ6R, our club also has one of those and we are planning to use the same cable with it. My understanding is that it is exactly the same interface? But we haven't gotten it all set up yet. I could probably run a test where I control that mount directly from my MacBook in the fairly near future.

USB2EQ5 Interface Cable - can be gotten here: www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/products_eq.htm

Thanks,

Rob
4 years 9 months ago #39918

• Thank you received: 420
I use this cable with my EQ6-R Pro, KStars and Mac (and Linux as well)

www.pierro-astro.com/materiel-astronomiq...-orion-sirius_detail

HTH, Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #39934

• Thank you received: 1
HOla,

Pureba para la montura poner Skyscan legancy, con mi Eq8 funciona.

Saludos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodrigo González Valderrama
4 years 9 months ago #39941

• Thank you received: 420
Hola,

Yes, that works as well. But the serial to USB convertors can be problematic. In any case, the question was which EQMod cable works well :-)

Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #39943

Thank you all the info so far.
4 years 9 months ago #39952

Just got this from QHY.

First two columns for Windows, Second two columns for Linux. So apparently many cameras are not officially supported any longer in their SDK. The QHY5 and QHY9S-M failed to run in the SDK.

4 years 9 months ago #39971
Attachments:

Any solution on short term?
I will go to Elqui Valley for the eclipse and I would love to use Ekos.
So:

1) The EQ6 is working now.
2 ) The temperature control of QHY9 is missing
3) The QHY CFW 2-S control is missing

I have all my hopes in your hands... QHY do not respond....
4 years 9 months ago #39975

No sé si este mensaje era para mí, pero la montura esta funcionando... CFW 2-S y QHY9 están fallando....
4 years 9 months ago #39981

Time to create page: 2.736 seconds