INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot authenticate app

• Thank you received: 0
Hey guys.
Completely new user here.

So, I'm stuck even before I've properly begun.
I've connected to the Stellarmate WiFi network with my tablet. No problem. Started the app and scanned for the network. Found it almost instantly.
As this is the first time I'm launching the app authentication is required. Ok, so I go to the Stellarmate website on my PC to submit the serial number in order to get the license key. Worked fine.

But when I put in the info in the form on the app and click 'register', it searches and searches for about a full minute before giving up and giving me a message like 'please make sure the Stellarmate is connected to your network'. My network?
I've connected my tablet to Stellarmate's network. The Stellarmate is not connected to any network.
What am I missing here?
(I fear it's rather fundamental. But I'm completely new at this and my experience with networks is limited to setting up a WiFi extender in my house)

George
4 years 10 months ago #40245

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What StellarMate OS version are you running? you need v1.4.1+
4 years 10 months ago #40246

It says 'Version BETA 1.9.10'. It is the only version I can find on Playstore.
If you're referring to my Android version, I use Version 6.0 on a fairly new Huawei 7" tablet.
I get the same error when I tried my Samsung Galaxy A3. Android Version 8.0.0.

Addendum to original post: I just tried again a couple of times. Now the message has changed to 'Network Error' instead of 'please make sure the Stellarmate is connected to your network'. But I presume it is just the same problem described with a different phrase.
4 years 10 months ago #40247

No I meant you're connect to StellarMate and it is running StellarMate OS what version? Not the mobile app, but the controller itself.

You can find out by going to to StellarMAte Web Manager stellarmate.local:8624

or if you're connected via VNC, just click on "StellarMate Tools" and it will display the version. You need to download and burn SM OS v1.4.1+ for the App to work.
4 years 10 months ago #40271

For some reason, I cannot connect to stellarmate.local:8624 despite the fact that I did so yesterday. Also for some reason, the app cant find any device now (which it could yesterday).
But I did manage to connect via VNC and I think you may have located the problem:
Under 'System' it says
"Ubuntu"
Release 18.042 LTS (Bionic BEaver) 32-bit
Kernel Linux 4.15.0-1034raspi2 armv7l
MATE 1.20.1

So I guess I'm running version 1.20.1, which is causing all the problems?

I've been to the download page of Stellarmate, but there doesn't seem to be an option for downloading newer version. Do you know where I can get it?
4 years 10 months ago #40272

No that's not it. You will see an icon on the desktop StellarMate Tools open it and it will indicate the SM OS version.
4 years 10 months ago #40273

Sorry, I misunderstood. Think I got it now. Was a bit confused by the Kstar blocking the view for the rest of the desktop.
It's Stellarmate OS v1.4.0. So I guess it's the right version after all.
On a side note: I still cannot access Stellarmate Web Manager. Says "This site can't be reached. Local host refused to connect".
4 years 10 months ago #40277

THanks, I sent you an email (via your stellarmate.com email) with further instructions, please check.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georggearless
4 years 10 months ago #40287

Mail recieved.
Thankyou.
4 years 10 months ago #40288

Would just like to sum up:
All the problems were due to an outdated OS on Stellarmate. This has now been corrected and everything is in working order.
Thank you for your helpful assistance, Jasem.
4 years 10 months ago #40292

Time to create page: 0.728 seconds