INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New version of Kstars/ekos 3.3.1 crashes

• Thank you received: 1
Hello guys!
Thank you very much for your continous efforts that made the Kstars platform the most powerful, in my opinion.
I've to highlight a problem that occurred to me running Ekos with the simulator in my system.
I use Kstars-Ekos with my MacBook Pro (Late 2013) with 2 x 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 and a 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory. The OS is Mojave (v. 10.14.4).
Starting to run the Simulator the software crashes. I've not idea if this problem also occurs with my telescopes configurations owing to the fact that I will be far away from home for a long time and I've not the possibility to test this issue.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

F.
4 years 9 months ago #40423

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just tried to delete all the old folders and files suggested in the "quick start" file in order to avoid conflicts with my old version of Kstars.
Now I have a further problem: I can not run the simulator in Ekos due to an error message:

"INDI server failed to start: execve: No such file or directory"

I attached a screenshot in this post.
Thank you again,

F.
4 years 9 months ago #40425
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 812
Based on another bug report, I just found that the qt.conf file is missing from the App bundle resources folder. It appears that the qt.conf file was accidentally deleted during the build process so KStars cannot find the qml directory. I changed the build script to fix another issue and it seemed that KStars built and ran just fine, but of course that was on my machine which is where it was built. I am running the build again with a slight change to the script that should allow the qt.conf file to be created and not deleted. I am going to see if this fixes the issue. Maybe it will fix your issue as well. I'm not sure if they are the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck
4 years 9 months ago #40431

• Thank you received: 812
Please retry the download. I replaced the erroneous file. Please see if this fixes the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck
4 years 9 months ago #40432

• Thank you received: 420
Rob, thanks for the quick fix. I just tried it and it works without any problems now.

Wouter
4 years 9 months ago #40443

Hi Rob!
Thank you very much for your quick answer and for your fix.
Once I deleted all the old configuration files, I tried to download the newest fixed version of Kstars that now works perfectly!!
Thank you again for your big efforts!

Regards,

Frank
4 years 9 months ago #40455

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds