INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Raspberry pi 4 anounced

• Thank you received: 3
Yes I imagine so
4 years 8 months ago #41215

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
As the ubuntu flavor for the rpi4 is not ready yet I took a shot at compiling kstars/ekos/indilib from source for the rpi4 raspbian OS. It seems that I got it working, at least for my set up.

So this is an 7zip image of my sdcard. It was made with win32DiskImager. You will need a 32GB formated as FAT32.

drive.google.com/a/thinkwise.mx/file/d/1...zg/view?usp=drivesdk

The setup I got working is:
- Skywatcher AZ-GTI wireless mount
- ASI Cameras (294MC Pro and 120MM-s)
- also tried Sony A7iii
- sky safari service

All my test were indoors, is pouring rain and clouds here in Mexico City, so I could not try guiding and the actual plate solve (I tried with a demo image and worked - from the command line). Don't forget to change timezone.

I don't know if other devices will work, but I compiled all the 3rd party drivers that were on the indilib github.

Services to act as a wifi access point are installed:
SSID: ASIAIR_jir (I also have and ASIAIR and don't want to keep changing the setup in my AZ-GTI access point parameter).
pw: 12345678

It's not configured to join a wireless network, when I need to get online I just plugged a network cable. You will have to configure this if you want, but I am afraid you will loose the Access point functionality.

In the OS:
user: pi
pw: xsw21qaz

SSH is enabled, also VNC for remote desktop.

astrometry files: /home/pi/astrometry/data
I only installed the indexes for 14 to 140 arcminutes. The INDI index downloader is not working (it reports an access violation) so you will have to download by hand.

I haven't tested this extensively nor plan to support this build. So you are on your own.

Enjoy,

Jorge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keld Henningsen
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Jorge Restrepo.
4 years 8 months ago #41304

• Thank you received: 9
Thanks for sharing the disk image but the link isn't working.
4 years 8 months ago #41310

• Thank you received: 2
Sorry about it. I edited the post.
4 years 8 months ago #41312

I just tested it with my RPI4 and all my devices connected the first try! And for someone who's still new to RPi's, that's saying something. Slewed, solved, guided and captured the Eastern Veil without any snags. Thanks for sharing. Forgive me since I'm still new to RPi's but how do I connect to my personal wifi? I've looked all over the internet and I can't seem to figure out how you created the wifi access point. I'm sure you did it from the command line but how can I create and connect to wifi access points via GUI?
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
4 years 8 months ago #41319

• Thank you received: 92

Replied by han on topic New Raspberry pi 4 anounced

In Raspian, there is on the top right (near the time indication) an clickable blue icon. Click on it , select your Wifi access point and enter the password.
4 years 8 months ago #41321

• Thank you received: 40

I hope there is another way, but the way I've been doing it (RP 3b), it to initially hook up a monitor and wireless mouse/keyboard. Then go setup the wifi requirements, make sure I'm attached to my network. Then disconnect everything and off it goes to my scope.
4 years 8 months ago #41322

• Thank you received: 140

It does not work like that when a hotspot had been set up and activated, please read the rest of the thread... :)
4 years 8 months ago #41327

Because with this raspbian set up that you have downloaded there is a hotspot set up, then setting it to use your own WiFi is more difficult than normal, you can have both but it requires some coding, really you Have to have either one or the other, so best to stop the hotspot and then set up your own WiFi, once you have done this then it does not need doing each time, it will auto connect to your home WiFi, when powered up, if it doesnt then set it up in the WiFi settings to auto connect when the network is available..
4 years 8 months ago #41328

The top right icon just tells me there's no wifi modules available. I've tried to change the wpa_supplicant file. It will at least recognize my network but it won't connect to it even if I tell it to connect. It's like the hotspot broadcast has it disable and is the priority. I don't know enough about raspbian to know how to change this. Regardless, I tested it with iEQ45 Pro, ASI183MM-Pro, ZWO EFW, ASI120MM-S and everything worked great. Imaged all night and worked just like on the StellarMate Pi but obviously quicker since it was a Pi4 with USB 3.0
4 years 8 months ago #41329

• Thank you received: 6
Downloaded and running, Pentax K-70 camera, HEQ5 mount, ZWO ASI120mini - fantastic! :-)
4 years 8 months ago #41335

h

It wont work without some clever coding as a hotspot had been set up, it’s not an easy thing to change, that is what I was trying g to say, please read previous posts...
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 8 months ago #41338

Time to create page: 1.100 seconds