INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ubuntu indi-full dependency hell

• Thank you received: 19
Using an Ubuntu-based OS, following the instructions on the Ubuntu page for installing the Stable version we get this:

So let's see what the issues are, starting with indi-asi (which I actually need as I have an ASI camera):

And that leads to:

Well, that's not going to be installed, then. How about indi-toupcam?

Leading to:

So... that installed despite the earlier warning that it wouldn't. Let's try indi-toupcam again:

Ok, now let's try libindi1:

So it just finished removing something it installed just before. Back to indi-toupcam again:

And libindidriver1 again:

So basically there's a conflict between libindi1 and libindidriver1.

If I go to the Nightly Builds, I can deal with the indi-asi/asi-common issue as asi-common exists there, but the indi-toupcam dependency on conflicting packages libindi1 and libindidriver1 still exists.
4 years 9 months ago #40748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looks like you install libindi from the system repos which conflict with the PPA INDI. First purge all the libindi and indi-* packages and then sudo apt-get update and then install it again.
4 years 9 months ago #40756

• Thank you received: 420
Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Please try 18.04 or 19.04.
4 years 9 months ago #40783

Uh, no, the issue with indi-toupcam (and therefore indi-full) having conflicting dependencies remains. After purging everything and re-adding the PPA, it still happens:

As you can see, the libindi1 has come from the PPA repo. Continuing on:

Here are screengrabs from the Muon package manager: <strong>it's unequivocal and without any possibility of doubt</strong>: indi-toupcam has dependencies on libindi1 and libindidriver1 but the libindi1 package has a conflicts flag against libindidriver1.

Lifting indi-toupcam's dependency on libindidriver1 should fix it.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by David James. Reason: Attachments
4 years 9 months ago #40861

32bit is not supported. This is why you're having these issues. Use 64bit OS.
4 years 9 months ago #40867

How can I use a 64bit OS on a computer that only supports 32bit OSes? I've got an old Dell Mini9 Netbook that I can strap to the mount it's so small, thus much reducing cable clutter and tangling. With it on the mount I can connect to it from other computers.

The "issue" is not that I'm using a 32bit OS but rather that the control file for the i386 package has a dependency it shouldn't have and which that for amd64 doesn't have. I got installed with a --force-depends flag to get all the other stuff then I let apt "fix" the situation by removing indi-toupcam (and with it the meta-package indi-full) since I don't actually need it. If I actually needed it I'd have had to edit the control file and repackage the .deb.
4 years 9 months ago #40941

You can always compile from source. We have a complete guide for this here: indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html
4 years 9 months ago #41128

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds