INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip

4 months 3 weeks ago
jlangsto
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41158
Latest Kstars - When mount fails to autofocuss in EKOS it hangs and seems to prevent a scheduled meridian flip from occurring. The result is scope keeps tracking until it hits the mount :( We need something that always prioritises the meridian flip over another module completing something first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41161
Could you please post the logs?

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

4 months 3 weeks ago
TallFurryMan
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41162
I concur, though that happened to me with the manual cover pop-up mechanism. We must find a way to keep the capture state idle until an exposure really starts, because meridian flip is not prioritary over that state. Or add operational timeouts at multiple levels. Or consider meridian flip like an observatory weather emergency : after all, not flipping is a safety concern.

That last idea seems best to me: the mount module should report the need for a flip, then past a second HA limit notify a forced flip, eventually aborting whatever procedure is running elsewhere. This does not fix the reported issue indeed, but takes care of the induced safety issue. Opinion?

-Eric

HEQ5-Pro - Atik 314E - Orion ED80T - DMK21 on Orion 50mm
DIY 3D-printed Moonlite and FWheel RGB/LPR
KStars and indiserver on two Atom 1.6GHz 1GB RAM Linux, VPN remote access

4 months 3 weeks ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41169
I am in favour of the last option you mentioned. I would add a configurable timeout to the mount tab and an option to enforce a meridian flip after a certain delay. With this we leave it to the user whether a meridian flip might be executed even at the price of lost images.

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

4 months 3 weeks ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41171
I also favour the last option except for one situation in the "eventually aborting whatever procedure is running elsewhere" case: currently taking an image should NOT be aborted and the meridian flip should be done as soon as the image is done :-)

Wouter

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

4 months 3 weeks ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41178
Currently, re-focussing is part of imaging. That‘s why this case slipped through. But you will get the option enabling a forced meridian flip. In your case I would recommend not selecting it.

4 months 3 weeks ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41205
James, please be so kind and post the logspost the logs . Currently, I cannot explain why this happens.

4 months 3 weeks ago
jlangsto
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41207
Sorry i know we should supply logs but none were enabled, but needed to bring to your attention. I will enable logging as it will likely happen in the next few nights again. I should note that indi is on a raspberry pi4 using raspbian buster compiled from sources from only 4 days ago and ekos is on a remote computer using ubuntu ppa.

4 months 3 weeks ago 4 months 3 weeks ago by sterne-jaeger.
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Re:Autofocuss failure stops meridian flip #41247
OK, bug confirmed, I could reproduce it with simulators. Fix is on the way: phabricator.kde.org/D22583

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds