INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indiserver with INDI_DUINO steoper launchin

• Thank you received: 0
I am new on this forum and i try at this moment to use indi with raspberry and arduino with INDUINOStepper-2.3 downloaded
I have compiled and installed indilib 099 and 3rdparty on my debain Raspberry
should want to use stepper_sk.xml to command a selfmade telescope mount with stepper motor. My arduino uses a CH341 UART and seems correct with dmesg answer.
but when i launch; indiserver indi_arduino the server is launching but always uses ' /usr/share/indi/simple_switcher_sk.xm'l and not 'stepper_sk.xml'.
How can i tell it to use stepper.
Could somebody help me?

Thanks for your quality work!
9 years 3 months ago #2735

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 46
Hi JF..

You can set enviiroment variable INDISKEL (I think it was..) pointing to another .xml-file like this..
export INDISKEL=/usr/share/indi/stepper_sk.xml
or maybe edit the file duconfig.h.in and put your own .xml-file as default before compiling the driver..
hope this helps..

Br
/Markku
The following user(s) said Thank You: PONTIE
9 years 3 months ago #2736

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, i have tried the two methods without succes, its always 'simple_switcher.xml which is used but it seems the compilation doen't give the good result .
Does- it exist a complete 3rdparty libindi (with indi_duino) .deb for raspberry?
9 years 3 months ago #2738

• Thank you received: 46
That's strange, It was quite long ago I run INDI on a rapberry and Arduinos.. but you can find some more help here :
indiduino.wordpress.com/downloads/

Yes, there is also raspberry packages somewhere., but not shure how to get them.
9 years 3 months ago #2739

I confirmed the issue, the INDISKEL would work in INDI server FIFO mode fine but not directly. I fixed the issue and if you recompile latest libindi from SVN on your Raspberry PI, it should work now.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 2 months ago #2750

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds