INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

raspbian build for kstars/ekos/indilib for RPi4

• Thank you received: 2
As the ubuntu flavor for the rpi4 is not ready yet I took a shot at compiling kstars/ekos/indilib from source for the rpi4 raspbian OS. It seems that I got it working, at least for my set up.

So this is an 7zip image of my sdcard. It was made with win32DiskImager. You will need a 32GB formated as FAT32.

https://drive.google...ZmAddZpKSN2yDzg

The setup I got working is:
- Skywatcher AZ-GTI wireless mount
- ASI Cameras (294MC Pro and 120MM-s)
- also tried Sony A7iii
- sky safari service

All my test were indoors, is pouring rain and clouds here in Mexico City, so I could not try guiding and the actual plate solve (I tried with a demo image and worked - from the command line). Don't forget to change timezone.

I don't know if other devices will work, but I compiled all the 3rd party drivers that were on the indilib github.

Services to act as a wifi access point are installed:
SSID: ASIAIR_jir (I also have and ASIAIR and don't want to keep changing the setup in my AZ-GTI access point parameter).
pw: 12345678

It's not configured to join a wireless network, when I need to get online I just plugged a network cable. You will have to configure this if you want, but I am afraid you will loose the Access point functionality.

In the OS:
user: pi
pw: xsw21qaz

SSH is enabled, also VNC for remote desktop.

astrometry files: /home/pi/astrometry/data
I only installed the indexes for 14 to 140 arcminutes. The INDI index downloader is not working (it reports an access violation) so you will have to download by hand.

I haven't tested this extensively nor plan to support this build. So you are on your own.

Enjoy,
Jorge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
4 years 8 months ago #41303

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello Jorge,
I was able to install kstars / Ekos without problem on my RPI4 (just with the application manager).
I tried to compile indi but without success (dependence errors, package version errors, etc ...).
do you have some advice to compile without error?

I am interested to test your image but the link google drive "https: //drive.google...ZmAddZpKSN2yDzg" does not work.

My conf :
Vixen Sphinx + starbook (the old one)
ASI (294 and 120) MC

Thank you very much for your work.

Rachid
Sorry for my approximate english ... I'm french ...
4 years 7 months ago #42051

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds