INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars 3.3.3 beta version, please test

• Thank you received: 33
Hi Rob,
I realised that it was Wolfgang's work after I posted my reply.
Yes I would love to build KStars for myself but for this I need some help. And you are welcome !
4 years 7 months ago #41516

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I have instructions posted here:

github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft

You can give it a shot.
4 years 7 months ago #41517

Thanks for the link, Rob.
I already had a shot in the past , but - sad to say - it's not for my level.
I'll keep being VERY satisfied with the dmg.
4 years 7 months ago #41518

With KStars 3.3.3 I couldn't take bias, darks and flats
4 years 7 months ago #41523

• Thank you received: 139
Here's my logs from tonight's testing. I seem to be able to take single images in the capture module and guide module. I can take as many single images as I want with no issues using either camera (ZWO ASI1600mm, or ZWO ASI120mm). But if I try to loop images in the guide module, the computer hangs (beach ball), and I can't access the app anymore, and am forced to force quit the application. The hang happens with both cameras. I rebooted between hangs, and the issue persists.

Logs attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2019-07-29.zip
File Size:67 KB
4 years 7 months ago #41526
Attachments:

I just saw JCJ's post above, and thought i would try to take flats, darks, and bias. I have the same issue, They don't take. Ekos reports an issue if you try to do a single frame. So I created a sequence for each, and tried again. The sequence doesn't start. It just sits on 0 frames and says waiting to capture.

Here's the log from that session.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-12-10.txt.zip
File Size:16 KB
4 years 7 months ago #41527
Attachments:

Ok, that gives us a little more to work with. We can check it out tomorrow. Right now I am imaging the Lagoon, Trifid, and Swan in a big frame.
4 years 7 months ago #41530

I reported the issue to Jasem and he is investigating. After I was done imaging my targets last night, I tried taking Darks and I confirmed that yes there is an issue with the dialogs Jasem has been working on. I wasn't prepared to test the guiding issue since I was doing wide field and didn't have a guider or guidescope with me.
4 years 7 months ago #41543

• Thank you received: 87
I have built a new DMG yesterday and tested the version, I found three problems:

1 - Captured images are not displayed in the summary window (old problem I think), this is specific for MacOS, Linux Version Build: 2019-07-23T12:54:33Z is not affected.
2 - In the focuser module, the focus star is lost during autofocus, it seems it can not find it on the cropped square.
3 - Every time I start Kstars it looses my Geographic location (Lisbon, Portugal) and defaults to Greenwich UK.

I have no logs from it. I have to test again.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by nMAC.
4 years 7 months ago #41562

So we figured out the issues with the darks etc that Andrew and JCJ reported. It was just the order in which Jasem added the Yes/No buttons. Very strange because it works fine either way on Linux, but on MacOS, the order mattered.

Nmac, what is the problem with the summary window?? every image I take displays there. Is there a setting you have changed somewhere different than me? I haven't had the opportunity to test your #2 issue because I've been using a camera lens for my last few nights out, so no autofocus capability. #3 is very strange. The geographic location should get saved before KStars closes, have you had crashes that prevented it saving this information?
4 years 7 months ago #41566

• Thank you received: 87
Well in my case the summary window simply does not display de captured image, and I verified, the option is turned on in the settings.
This also happens with simulators. I know this happened some time ago too. I can't figure out what's happening.

The geographic location issue, i have noticed, is random, sometimes it displays the correct location, some don't.
I will investigate this issue better and report. Tonight I will make another AF run to see what happens.

I don't know if it's relevant but I am build from sources on Mojave.
4 years 7 months ago #41567

The geographic location is fixed for me in 3.3.3. It was previously not saving in 3.3.1.
4 years 7 months ago #41568

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds