INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars 3.3.3 beta version, please test

• Thank you received: 33
Hi Wolgang,
I'm using the driver indi_maxdomeii version 1.3
I would be happy to help you for the tests and we could do it whenever it suits you
Here is my address jcjesior at free.fr
4 years 7 months ago #41490

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
Here's the logs from my two crashed sessions. In both sessions, the guiding calibration failed due to stalled frames from the guide camera. Not sure what was going on. Reverting back to 3.3.1 fixed the issue. For both these sessions on 3.3.3 I restarted between them to clear any issues.

File Attachment:

File Name: Archive.zip
File Size:223 KB
4 years 7 months ago #41494
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809
Hi Jean-Claude,

I can't take credit for the Observatory module, that is all Wolfgang. You can certainly help him improve it if there are any issues. Just let me know when and I can built another DMG for you to test any changes. If you want to get more immediate feedback to how any changes he makes will affect things, or if you want to try to make any changes for yourself, you can run my build script to build kstars for yourself. I can show you how.

Thanks,

Rob
4 years 7 months ago #41501

Thanks Andrew, I can forward this on to Jasem or whoever has been working on that part of the software and they can take a look. I haven't been doing anything with that recently, but if there was a change made from 3.3.1 to 3.3.3 and it causes crashes, we should resolve it before releasing.
4 years 7 months ago #41502

It is indeed possible driver issues as the ZWO SDK was updated in this release.
4 years 7 months ago #41505

Andrew, I just hooked up my zwo cameras to my Mac and tried looping exposures in the capture module. I didn't see a problem.

Can you see if you get a problem when you take an image with the zwo, take video with the zwo, or if you loop exposures with it in the capture module? Does a problem only appear when you are in the guide module? Maybe also test the focus module?
4 years 7 months ago #41506

btw, I am testing inside on the couch instead of wasting precious time outside. Just trying to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Does the issue also happen with simulators?
4 years 7 months ago #41507

I’m guessing there was nothing obvious from the logs? I’ll test again tonight indoors since it’s cloudy. I think I was able to focus, but don’t remember. I did also have a hard crash at the end of the night with 3.3.1, where the entire computer interface disappeared in OSX with the exception of menu bars. It could be the video card in my 2015 MacBook Pro is dying. But not 100% on that.
4 years 7 months ago #41508

I didn't see anything obvious in the logs. It showed that it was calibrating, taking exposures and moving the mount. It did say it received exposures.

I would recommend connecting the camera that it had trouble getting exposures from and just trying it in loop mode to see if there is any problem getting exposures. The real question we want to answer is what exactly is causing any problem and what is going on when the problem occurs. that is why I would try it in the capture module and focus modules in loop mode, not just in the guide module.
4 years 7 months ago #41509

Yep, I’ll loop some images tonight.

Specifically it did receive images at first during calibration, and at some point they stopped, and EKOS reported a backlash issue due to not detecting any movement from the mount. It appeared to me that it had stopped receiving new images from the camera. But, I’ll make sure it can loop and receive images both in the guiding and camera panel. Not sure if that makes a difference.
4 years 7 months ago #41510

The log showed it stopped receiving images at some point, but that's pretty much it (no crash). Not sure if it is an issue with SDK or what.
4 years 7 months ago #41511

Thanks, sounds good Andrew, yes the goal is to try different things to try to reproduce an issue under different circumstances. If the same issue appears any time you use the camera anywhere in kstars, it might be something with indi, the driver, or the way it is installed. If it happens only in the guiding module, it is probably something in the KStars guiding code.
4 years 7 months ago #41514

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds