INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars 3.3.3 beta version, please test

• Thank you received: 87
Well in my case the summary window simply does not display de captured image, and I verified, the option is turned on in the settings.
This also happens with simulators. I know this happened some time ago too. I can't figure out what's happening.

The geographic location issue, i have noticed, is random, sometimes it displays the correct location, some don't.
I will investigate this issue better and report. Tonight I will make another AF run to see what happens.

I don't know if it's relevant but I am build from sources on Mojave.
4 years 7 months ago #41567

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
The geographic location is fixed for me in 3.3.3. It was previously not saving in 3.3.1.
4 years 7 months ago #41568

• Thank you received: 809
I also build on Mojave for that matter
4 years 7 months ago #41569

• Thank you received: 87
I have deleted KStars app and all config files and restarted all over with your DMG.
The only issue that still active is the first one (no image shown when capturing). All others solved, so something went wrong with my DMG.
You can see my options attached. I am in the middle of a session, as soon as it captures one image i will put a screenshot here. EDIT: Added.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by nMAC.
4 years 7 months ago #41572
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
I just ran all the upgrades on the StellarMate, and installed (for the first time) Kstars on my main desktop (iMac Pro).

I am stuck on the install as my password for Ekos Live is not being accepted. Is the beta going to need a different login for Ekos Live?

I am going to skip "live" for now and continue to install. That said, I was hoping to solve as a first test... pretty sure I need live for Align and Solve, right?
4 years 7 months ago #41608

No, you can cancel that dialog and just use kstars on your Mac without Ekos live if you like. Note that in fact, yesterday I built a new DMG for the release and its located on the main download page. There were still some issues in the beta version that I posted here in the forum. Those errors have been corrected in the final 3.3.3 dmg. So you should really use that one.

As for plate solving, you can use the online solver, or you can follow the instructions in the QuickStart PDF and the Align options in Ekos to get plate solving up and running in the offline solver.
4 years 7 months ago #41609

I've updated to the final 3.3.3, and I still see issues with looping images in the guide panel. I get the Mac beach ball icon, and I have to force quit the application. Reverting back to 3.3.1 and I have no issues.
4 years 7 months ago #41611

Ok I will check it out.
4 years 7 months ago #41612

Ok I just got my zwo and tried it on two different MacBook Pro's. I can't seem to reproduce the issue. I plugged the ZWO into the MacBook, went to the guide Module and just clicked the loop button with the exposure time being about 0.020 s. The guide images produced in the fits view were going so fast it was basically like watching video, but I didn't see any beachball and I didn't have to force quit. I just pressed the stop button when I was done. Is this basically the test that you did, or is there something different?
4 years 7 months ago #41613

Yeah, that’s basically the test. I’ll try wiping KStars off the Mac and reinstall to see if that clears it up. It does it with both cameras.
4 years 7 months ago #41615

• Thank you received: 2
Running latest 3.3.3 .dmg

I was able to do a capture of M 16 for a while before clouds last night.

Light frames with Ha filter worked well, albeit with horrible tracking (next problem). I set up bias and darks in sequence as well, and they were properly captured after I went to sleep.

I set up for flats this morning and it will NOT take an image. If I tell it to take a light with the same settings it is happy.

So in my case it looks like it is just Flats as a problem. I switched over to the Windows laptop and the Flats were taken no problem.

ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled w/ ZWO EFW. Images saved to client computer. I don't see anything in the log between when I start the capture and 4 minutes later when I stop it. In those 4 minutes the wheel just spins away.... Log attached.

I do think I may have a guiding issue but can't test that until it gets dark. More to come...

File Attachment:

File Name: log_14-10-32.txt
File Size:15 KB
4 years 7 months ago #41658
Attachments:

I managed to wipe KStars from my Mac. Cleaned it completely off. Reinstalled and set up my equipment. No more failures with looping images in the guide module. I also tested Richorn's issue above with flats, and I had no issue capturing them.

I did run into a problem with capturing darks for the guide camera. I select I want to use darks, and it prompts whether or not there's a built in shutter for the camera, I select No, then boom...crashes to the desktop every time. I'm unable to capture them due to this crash.
4 years 7 months ago #41663

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds