INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars 3.3.3 beta version, please test

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks. I just created a new profile and tried again with a full sequence; light, dark, bias, and flat. When the "add a light source" window came up, I clicked continue and it immediately aborts the flat capture. I then reset and this time I just let the window count down on its own. It still just sits there "idle" after the dialog closes.
4 years 7 months ago #41668

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Ok, I'm not sure I can reproduce the issue richorn,

First, are you using the KStars DMG 3.3.3 released on the website, or one of the beta versions that I posted in this forum? The ones in the forum did have some issues with the dialogs because Jasem was working on them and they weren't sorted out yet.

Second, I did try to reproduce the issue. I first tried taking a flat, that wasn't a problem. Then I tried a sequence as you described. It took all 4 types of images just fine. I am not sure what the "add a light source" window is. Are you talking about the dialog that says "Cover the telescope with an evenly illuminated light source"?
4 years 7 months ago #41672

ok, now you lost me. I am using v3.3.3 ... when I go to the Kstars website the download is 3.2.2.

Where do I find your "new" 3.3.3?

and yes, the dialog is "cover the telescope with..."

Sorry. It haas been way too long since I was comfortable in the land of unix...
4 years 7 months ago #41674

It is on this download page. It does have 3.3.3 on it. It says: MacOS Download: KStars 3.3.3 DMG Installer is available for MacOS 10.12+. After mounting the DMG, please follow the instructions within the DMG.

edu.kde.org/kstars/#download
4 years 7 months ago #41685

Again, Thank you!!

I dId a complete upgrade/install on the StellarMate, my Mac desktop, and even the Windows (bootcamp) laptop.

The following apply to the iMac Pro only. I have not tested the windows version yet.

MAC OSX 10.14.5. kStars 3.3.3. indi and Kstars -bleeding on the StellarMate.

The issues capturing flats are fixed. I tried it both ways, letting the "Cover the telescope with an evenly illuminated light source" window count down on its own, and also clicking the "Continue" button. Both worked great.

2 new things.

1. When the BIAS and DARKs were captured, I did NOT get the "do you have a shutter/cover the lens" option. It just continued to capture. It still labeled as bias and dark, and ignored the filter, so that part is fine, but a delay is needed to get the lens cap on...

2. When shutting down, the Ekos window locked up, likely because I was still tracking the mount, and when it tried to disconnect it just sat there with a penny ball. I had to force quit. On the next test, I stopped tracking and parked the mount before quitting and all was fine.

Onward and upward!

A quick addition. I tested the image capture in the Windows version (3.3.3) and all is well. The dialog came up for the bias (and therefore the darks) and then the dialog came up for the flats. So the issue seems to only be in the Mac version.

Also, I saw someone with an issue capturing with an ASI. I am using the ASI1600MM-Pro and all is well on Mac and Windows.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Richard Horn.
4 years 7 months ago #41716

Can you check the file ~/Library/Preferences/kstarsrc on your Mac?

In that file there might be two lines in the [DarkLibrary] section that look like this:

shutterfulCCDs=
shutterlessCCDs=

After the equals sign, the CCD's that you have said have a shutter should appear in the first line, those you said have not should be in the second line.

I suspect that when you were testing the beta version, your CCD(s) might have been put into the wrong group. You can delete your CCD from the wrong list. You could also just delete those two lines entirely and KStars will ask you again if it has a shutter and put it in the right list.
4 years 7 months ago #41722

That was it. I found this:

[DarkLibrary]
shutterfulCCDs=ZWO CCD ASI1600MM Pro

[Ekos]

and changed it to this:

shutterlessCCDs=ZWO CCD ASI1600MM Pro

Works great!
4 years 7 months ago #41724

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds