INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi Losmandy driver: impossible to get proper park status

• Thank you received: 13
Dear all,

I have been using Losmandy driver for a bit now, mostly messing around with slewing and autoguiding. Now I am trying to set up a proper automated workflow thanks to indi and it started very badly.
I realized the no matter the configuration I was using before starting the mount and starting indi driver (ie cold start, warm start or warm restart), I was NEVER able to get the mount to start with the tag "Park" properly checked.
The driver somehow always start with the mount considered unparked.

Is this behaviour the expected one ? What can I do about it ? Thank you in advance for your help

Tobbey
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by dolguldur.
4 years 7 months ago #41664
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Tobbey,

Just to make sure that you do everything correctly, what happens when you click the Park button in the telescope tab in Ekos and then disconnect INDI, stop the INDI server and check the park status?

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur
4 years 7 months ago #41683
Attachments:

Thank you for your help, I will check that tonight, just to make sure I understand your point correctly. by "check the park status" you mean check the status directly on the hand controller right ?
4 years 7 months ago #41699

No I actually meant the Ekos Configuration Panel. In other words, does the status show the correct value in the panel that is in your original image?
4 years 7 months ago #41701

I will check but from ehat I recall as soon as one disconnect from the device, all the boxes below "Startup Mode" disappear
4 years 7 months ago #41702

Sorry, I now see that my description was incomplete. Park the scope using Ekos, stop INDI and then start INDI again. The status in the INDI Control Panel should say Parked.
4 years 7 months ago #41704

Thank you again for your help @wvreeven here is what I tried:

Experiment 1
-Connect the scope, park. The park button is highlighted. Then I press the Disconnect button. Then I press the COnnect button again: The park status is still there

Experiment 2
-Connect the scope, park. The park button is highlighted. Then I press the Disconnect button, Then I stop the indiserver. Then I relaunch the indi server, and relaunch kstars indi client: The park status is still there.

Experiment 3:
-Same as the above, I make sure the mount is parked in indi. Then I disconnect and stop the indi server. Then I power down the losmandy mount. Then I power up the losmandy mount and relaunch the indi server. The Unpark button is highlighted (Which is a problem in my opinion). The HC show the following

I guess this is just the expected behaviour for a losmandy mount, I will probably ask the question to losmandy community
4 years 7 months ago #41705

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds