´╗┐

INDI Library v1.8.0 is Released (27 Jul 2019)

INDI Library v1.8.0 is mostly a maintenance release to fix a few bugs in several drivers.

Joystick

• Thank you received: 0

Joystick was created by Andrew_L

Hello! I'm a KStars/EKOS/INDI newbie (1 week) so please bear with my stupid questions!

I am trying out KStars on my MacBook. I want to see if I can use it to run my equipment instead of using EQMOD + Cartes du Ciel + PHD2 + EOS BackYard running in Windows7 in a virtual machine on my MacBook.

So far so good. It's been a bit of a steep learning curve. Nevertheless I've successfully got KStars controlling my mount. It also works with my Canon 450D and my guide camera.

The specific problem I'm having is getting KStars/EKOS/INDI to work with the gamepad I use to control the mount at the telescope.

I understand I have to connect the gamepad to the mount in the Device Manager as described here: indilib.org/support/tutorials/135-contro...ools-menu-gt-devices

When I do this I get the error message: " ... make sure the package that provides the indi_joystick binary is installed."

Any suggestions how I do this?
2 weeks 1 day ago #41797

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by knro on topic Joystick

Unfortunately, the joystick support is limited to Linux only.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
2 weeks 20 hours ago #41808

Replied by Andrew_L on topic Joystick

OK. Thanks. At least that answers the problem. :-) Pity I didn't post the question here first. I'd have saved myself several hours of messing about.

That means I have got to work out a way of being able to adjust the mount at the scope since my MacBook is 5 metres away in my warm room.

Anyway, thanks again.
2 weeks 14 hours ago #41820

• Thank you received: 239

Replied by wvreeven on topic Joystick

In the Mount tab there is a Mount Control button

When you click it you get this popup that allows you to fine control your mount

HTH, Wouter
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chr├ętien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
2 weeks 12 hours ago #41828
Attachments:

Replied by Andrew_L on topic Joystick

Wvreeven - hello, thanks for that suggestion. I'd discovered that popup already and had tried it using my iPad mirroring my macbook's screen. It works in a kind of fashion. A bit unresponsive, but that's probably down to the connection between my ipad and the Mac.
2 weeks 9 hours ago #41846

Time to create page: 0.658 seconds