INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 809
Ok, I tried to do the PHD2 Log Viewer.
For the setupAstroPi3 and setupUbuntuSBC scripts, it was a piece of cake. I was done in 5 minutes. But for the Raspbian script, it was much harder, but I think it is working. The Debian and Manjaro scripts would probably be similar to the Raspbian one, but I will need to try it. test it, and work on that.

As for the Canon auto mount issue. 2 years ago, Jasem had fixed this problem with a rules file. That rules file gets installed with every INDI build. So it shouldn't have been a problem at all. I hadn't used the automount disabling code in years because his rules file was working. But on the Raspbian system, for some reason it wasn't, as reported in this forum. So I added the code back for disabling auto mounting. No that is not good because it disables USB Flash drive mounts. The real solution would be to figure out why the rules file is not working on Raspbian and provide a similarly good solution. I can take a look at this tomorrow, but no guarantees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Tom
4 years 7 months ago #42269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Will try it tonight

Regards,
Tom
4 years 7 months ago #42274

So I'm going to look into this now. This doesn't affect an Ubuntu System, this is only on Raspbian and Debian. Undoing it on Raspbian is very easy. If you look at my script, it just creates a file. Removing that file will undo the change. Just type this into a terminal, hit enter, and restart.

rm ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE-pi/pcmanfm.conf

But I'm going to see if I can't see what's wrong with the rules file on Raspbian, since that is how we really want to disable auto mounting. It works on the other systems. . .
4 years 7 months ago #42283

ok, I think I fixed the issue with Raspbian and DSLRs. There were some files on the Raspbian System that didn't exist in the Ubuntu system. Deleting them as was suggested in other threads helped. And it doesn't affect the mounting of flash drives. I have updated the script

Note again, to undo the change that was made before to allow the mounting of flash drives again, just run this command:

rm ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE-pi/pcmanfm.conf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
4 years 7 months ago #42284

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

So here's my new issue with the automount of my Canon DSLR As of today. I've just installed a new clean Raspian Buster on my RPi4. I run ./setupAstroRaspbianPi.sh and eventually succeed in getting a full installation. On my desktop I have icons for 'utilities', Kstars, phd2 and INDI Web Manager App.
I run Kstars for the first time and Ekos. I plug in my mount, GPS and Camera, and the camera automounts with two icons on the desktop.
Only this time when I try to edit the pcmanfm.conf file, it doesn't exist.
So automount is working but I can no longer switch it off in the way that I used to.
4 years 7 months ago #42289

Hi Avocette,

I'm trying the other method to prevent auto mounts, since the rules file seems to not be working and the creation of pcmanfm.conf causes the unintended side effect of being unable to mount flash drives. To do this method, a number of files that could mount the camera should have been removed by the script like this:

sudo rm /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gtk.vfs.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor.service
sudo rm /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor.service
sudo rm /usr/share/gvfs/mounts/gphoto2.mount
sudo rm /usr/share/gvfs/remote-volume-monitors/gphoto2.monitor
sudo rm /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor

So they shouldn't exist anymore. Can you verify your system doesn't have them? Also did you restart the Pi? It would be desirable to get this method working because the side effects of the other method are not good.

The file ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE-pi/pcmanfm.conf never existed on the Pi to begin with. Either I or you created it. It is not there by default. If you want to go back to the method we were using before today, its a simple matter of creating that file and adding the contents you described here:
indilib.org/forum/general/5554-problems-...anon-dslr.html#42106
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Rob Lancaster.
4 years 7 months ago #42302

A user sent me a private message about fxload for usb3 being needed for QHY cameras. It is in the INDI repo. So I made a slight change to the Raspbian Script so that it now gets fxload installed during the libindi 3rd Party build.
4 years 7 months ago #42310

I have checked the RPi4 and all but the second entry in your list are still present! In addition I noticed a file called use/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-gphoto2 .
I have reawoken my RPi3 with Raspbian Stretch, and when I plug in my Canon camera I see only a small window asking ‘Please select the action you want to perform’, whereas on the RPi4 with Raspian Buster there are also two Canon camera icons on the desktop (see my earlier posting). This still happens but I have had occasions where the cameras have mysteriously disappeared.
So perhaps I should be posting questions on the Raspian Buster forum!?
4 years 7 months ago #42315

Can you run the remove commands and restart the pi to see if that fixes it for you? I will look at why they did not get removed.
4 years 7 months ago #42329

So I ran all the remove commands (except the one with Private which didn’t have a matching file) and after rebooting, I can plug in my Canon camera without any auto-mounting but no dialogue box asking ‘Please select the action you would like to perform’.
4 years 7 months ago #42359

Right the one file that you said didn't exist, did not exist on my system either. It was a file that was in the original post that I found in the forum, so I thought I should include it anyway in case it does exist on somebody's system.

So it works now? The dialog that you mention should not come up if the system didn't mount the camera.
4 years 7 months ago #42362

Yes - it works now, thanks a lot.
4 years 7 months ago #42368

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds