INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

So far from my observation, yes. :)
4 years 6 months ago #42999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
Rob, great work! I'm really impressed with your scripts. Incredible amount of work put into it and lot's of research to build it up and fix the issues.
I have just gone through all the 17 pages of this thread and now I'm much closer to releasing Astroberry 2.0 with Raspberry Pi 4 support.
... for those of you that don't like it - your mileage may vary - there's plenty of other solutions for you to choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster, Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43023

• Thank you received: 809
Ok, I set those Conky settings back to their original settings. Please check to make sure they work again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43048

Now another issue that I found out about conkyrc is it keeps flickering in my raspbian OS.

Regards,
Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43079

Well, if you used my script, double buffering should be turned on for Conky. Also a number of the commands that are always going to give the same response are set to run only once, and a number of others are set to run once in awhile. perhaps some of them could be set to run less often. Other than that, I am not sure. You can take a look at the configuration by taking a look at the file ~/.conkyrc
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43081

• Thank you received: 2
Thank you so much for the continued work on the AstroPi3 script. I used it flawlessly last week to install everything on my new Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) and it went off without a hitch.
I noticed that a new version of indi library was released yesterday, and was wondering what the process is for updating kstars / indi libraries etc. as new versions are rolled out? Is it possible to rerun the script to get the system to download latest code and then it will automagically rebuild indi library / kstars etc?
4 years 6 months ago #43143

So if you are using it on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian, you can just run the script again. If you are using Ubuntu-Mate, you can click my "software update" icon in the utilities folder. It will run an update script. I haven't revised it to update everything for Raspbian yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feilim Breatnach
4 years 6 months ago #43150

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

A standalone script specifically for updating indi/kstars would be good to have on raspbian.
4 years 6 months ago #43154

Yep, so basically my plan will be to take the section of the script devoted to building kstars/INDI and make a separate script specifically for that. It's really the same code that already exists in the script, it just means taking it out and copying it into a new script. The new script would also have the system update that the system update script does. I will get to that soon, I have had a lot of other things to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feilim Breatnach
4 years 6 months ago #43156

• Thank you received: 2
Thanks a million, I ran the systemUpdater script first and am now re-running the setupAstroRaspbian script to do the git pull and rebuild of kstars & indi which seems to be doing its thing just fine :)
4 years 6 months ago #43157

Raspbian OS 64bit kernel is up! Sudo rpi-update now.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
4 years 6 months ago #43485

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

Should we expect a significant performance improvement? I am now running my AP system on an RPi4B2GB in a flirc case which keeps the temperature nicely stable around 35°-40° outdoors. Performance is already amazing me and astro friends with typical Ekos alignment solves at around 10 seconds.
4 years 6 months ago #43486

Time to create page: 0.783 seconds