INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstroPi3 Scripts revised

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic AstroPi3 Scripts revised

setupAstroRaspbianPi.sh includes code that comments out dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/ in /boot/config.txt.
This line must be left uncommented to use the second HDMI output on a Raspberry Pi 4.
# This comments out a line in Raspbian's config file that seems to prevent the desired screen resolution in VNC
# The logic here is that if the line does exist, and if the line is not commented out, comment it out.
if [ -n "$(grep '^dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d' '/boot/config.txt')" ]
then
    sed -i "s/dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/#dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d/g" /boot/config.txt
fi
if [ -n "$(grep '^dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d' '/boot/config.txt')" ]
then
    sed -i "s/dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d/#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d/g" /boot/config.txt
fi

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster
3 years 2 weeks ago #69746

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
I've just tried to update my setupAstroRaspbianPi.sh script but it fails on the connection tests to the websites, if I comment out the first line checkForConnection ZRam-script "raw.githubusercontent.com/novaspirit/rpi_zram/master/zram.sh" it then fails at the next line, checkForConnection INDI-Git-Repo "github.com/indilib/indi.git" and so on for all the checks. if I run the script with the all the checks commented out it fails at the connection to the website.  I've copied & pasted the website addresses into the browser on the Pi and it finds the website straight away, so I know it's not the internet connection and the sites are not down for any reason.  I tried the setupAstroPi3.sh on the latest version of Mate and it runs fine. However I prefer the Raspberrypi OS version as I think it runs smoother over VNC and is more stable. 
I've also tried re-running the script on a setup from a couple of months ago and that fails as well due to the same issue.  Has anyone else seen this or have a solution to it?

Many Thanks
Alan
3 years 1 week ago #69974

• Thank you received: 41
With the new Raspbian 64bits, the version of curl installed doesn't shows a textual description of the response. you can replace line 37:
if [[ "${testCommand}" == *"OK"* || "${testCommand}" == *"Moved"* ]]

with
if [[ "${testCommand}" == *"200"* || "${testCommand}" == *"301"* ]]

With this changes I was able to build an AstroPi3 64bits system. Unfortunately at this moment, KStars fails at build time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Lancaster, Alan Archer
3 years 1 week ago #70026

Many Thanks for the reply, I'll try that tonight.
3 years 1 week ago #70052

The script ran through with the line changed as recommended, but KSTARS fails to build on the Raspberry Pi 32 bit OS as well. I thought something wasn't right as the script completed too quickly.
3 years 1 week ago #70060

• Thank you received: 812
I just made an update for the change in curl.  It should find the websites now.  Please see if this fixes the problem.
3 years 1 week ago #70067

• Thank you received: 812
Andrew, I just updated the documentation for the line you mentioned to explain the issue with a 2nd Monitor.  Please check that it correctly explains the problem.
3 years 1 week ago #70068

Rob, I've just tried the revised script and it runs through but again it fails to build KSTARS I caught the error shown on the terminal as below I used option 1 for the KSTARS install in the script

Thank you for looking into this.

make[2]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/build.make:788: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/KStarsLib_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1385: kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Alan
3 years 1 week ago #70071

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Alan,

Take a look to this thread indilib.org/forum/development/9372-compi...t-github-source.html. I've successfully compiled KStars/Ekos on 64bits Raspbian using the commit commented on this thread.

Rafa
3 years 1 week ago #70072

Rafa, Thank You, I will. I’m using the 32 bit system at the moment, but I’m willing to try the 64 bit OS to see if that improves the performance on the Pi
3 years 1 week ago #70073

FYI for anyone else encountering build issues that resemble this . I had a bit of an issue compiling KStars with the script recently when the script did not properly recompile updates to Stellarsolver 2.0. Although it looked like it recompiled it, something old must have remained that caused an issue. Solution should be as simple as deleting old build files.
2 years 3 days ago #82480

I had an issue compiling Core INDI today, reported as 'Could not find Libev'. It was a simple fix to reinstall/update it.
sudo apt-get install libev-dev
1 year 10 months ago #83664

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds