INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Linux you`ve got to love it!!

• Thank you received: 10
Hi guys
Well I decided I needed Kstars-bleeding tonight and as its not available for Kubuntu 14.04 I tried a second fresh install to 14.10 having had problems before. It installed fine all my Kstars/Indi stuff installed fine (except the Kstars data where I get the error Loading of providers from file:http://edu.kde.org/kstars/downloads/providers/.xml failed?? it worked before?) and a few other apps no probs. The `A security update is available for your system` icon kept winking at me at the bottom and I sadly succumbed to a system update the end result being three apps disappearing from the desktop and then unable to switch off the pc without entering `shutdown -h now` in a terminal, rebooting then came up with a blank desktop :pinch: . So now fresh install number three and vowing never to do a system update again, things seem to be working ok :) Isn`t an upgrade supposed to make things better?? I left windows after the endless usb problems and with Linux I`ve never had a single usb problem but OMG the other stuff. B) No idea if its a kernel/boot loader/graphic card problem anyone else had this?
best
Steve
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Steve.
9 years 3 months ago #2790

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yeah I have been using Linux for almost 15 years now and it is still pain sometimes. I think KStars/Ekos wise, things will only start being stable when Kubuntu 15.04 is released. It will have KDE Plasma 5 by default and KStars can be easily installed. Now the PPA is linked to an unstable-daily branch of KDE Plasma 5 so naturally it is NOT stable. Got to wait till April!
9 years 3 months ago #2791

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by Steve on topic Linux you`ve got to love it!!

Funnily enough I tried the Kubuntu 14.10 plasma 5 iso but if wouldn`t load from dvd mmmmm! not a good start
Steve
9 years 3 months ago #2792

• Thank you received: 5
Hi,
I finally succeeded in installing the kstars-bleeding and EQMOD is also available, but together with the initiator of this discussion I also have problems with installing new data with the add-on.
The download of an xml file from a specific URL failed.
Are you aware of any evolution?
I am running UBUNTU-Mate on RPi2 and am very satisfied so far.

Thanks in advance,
PS: Thanks a lot for all the effort put in the development and porting of INDILIB. This is the most briliant initiative in automation I have ever seen. Thank you very very much.

Stefan
8 years 9 months ago #4537

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Klaus on topic Linux you`ve got to love it!!

Hi Stefan,

concerning the problem with download, I suffered from the same issue when I switched to Kubuntu 15.04. The net gave me the following advice, which did not work to 100% but made the situation much better.

find the file /etc/gai.conf
open it: sudo vi gai.conf
add or uncomment the line: precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100
save the file and reboot

I hope it helps.
Klaus
8 years 9 months ago #4541

• Thank you received: 5
Dear Klaus,

Thanks for the hint. I tried but without result.
I'll keep you posted.

Stefan
8 years 9 months ago #4602

Time to create page: 1.513 seconds