INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cant connect to RPi4 at all?

• Thank you received: 1
As titled, it was working fine for the last 2 weeks. I normally run off the home wifi and connect to Stellarmate via VNC viewer. Yesterday, I had to switch the power off in the house to change a light switch so the home router obviously reset. The RPi4 was not on at the time. Last night, I set up as usual but couldn't connect via VNC. I kept getting a message saying the "computer refused the connection..." or "the device listening for a connection couldn't be reached on this port..." or something along those lines. I figured this was because the home router was reset. So I switched it off and tried to connect directly to the Stellarmate on 10.250.250.1. Still no good, got the same message about the wrong port etc. even though I was connected to the Stellarmate wifi network.

Today I have connected it to 2 different monitors via HDMI. Both monitors say there is no signal. I have tried connecting to my laptop directly via ethernet cable and can ping the device but I dont know how to access it from the web viewer as still cant connect? I'm not even seeing the Stellarmate Wifi network on any device now (ethernet unplugged)

Any ideas before I have to reflash the card and start over?

Any ideas before I flash the card?
4 years 7 months ago #42748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #42749
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 140
Has the ip changed after the router reboot, probably unless it was a static ip, try putting Stellarmate.local into VNC instead of the IP address, as that is not based on the ip but should find the device with that name...
4 years 7 months ago #42753

Replied by David on topic Cant connect to RPi4 at all?

Possibly changed on the home router as I've noticed the last digits to change between .45 or .46. But the SM IP address doesn't change. The issue is it's not out putting a wifi signal at all now as neither my 2 laptops or phone can pick it up. And it's supposed to work off HDMI as well. So I've no way to see what's on the desktop! Think I'll just reflash the card as something isn't quite right.
4 years 7 months ago #42754

Just try turning it off, leaving a few mins, giving the SD a clean and re trying, if it’s not putting out a hotspot signal, then that means it’s either connecting to your home WiFi or via Ethernet, so if no Ethernet cable connected then it’s not that, so have you tried the noVNC via your internet browser, using this address, as this is how I connect to mine...
Also the IP address of the SM would normally be 192.168.*.* yours is an odd one, are you sure that is correct, or just use the address here, in your web browser, or in normal VNC put Stellarmate.local instead of the ip...
stellarmate.local:6080/vnc.html
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by AstroNerd.
4 years 7 months ago #42755

I've switched off the home wifi to try and connect to the hotspot but it's like it's not giving off a wifi signal. Very strange as last night I could connect to the stellarmate hotspot but I couldn't access either web manager or VNC.

The SM hotspot is definitely 10.250.250.1

4 years 7 months ago #42756
Attachments:

Yes ok, I don’t think you quite understand what I am recommending you try and do...but never mind a re-flash may, or should solve the issue... :)
4 years 7 months ago #42758

If it was connected to router and then you had some issues then it is most likely some cache issue. If you unplug the Ethernet and restarted StellarMate, do you get hotspot back?
4 years 7 months ago #42759

I am literally holding the unit in my hand with nothing connected but the power cable. A steady 5v and it's only drawing half an amp. Home wifi is switched off (screenshot is the neighbours wifi) and the Pi is not giving off a wifi signal. Very strange!

4 years 7 months ago #42761
Attachments:

Ah.....

Perhaps, my bad...

Maybe I used too much manliness in getting the unit off its velcro spot on the losmandy bar...

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by David.
4 years 7 months ago #42762
Attachments:

Hmmmm, yes that would do it.. ;)
4 years 7 months ago #42764

Lol I've ordered 2 new SD cards. Going to flash them both and setup the same profile except keep the spare without connecting to home wifi. That way if I run into any issues with the router again I'll have a spare to quickly throw in and just run off the SM. Cant waste clear skies!
4 years 7 months ago #42770

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds