INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY driver timing out during raw photo transfer using gphoto driver

• Thank you received: 0
Hello there,

When using both QHY and gphotos driver at the same time, it seems that the QHY driver times out and lead to a crash in PHD2. The QHY driver works fine for hours straight when I'm controlling the camera with a remote control. As soon as I try to use the gphotos driver to control my Pentax DSLR, PHD2 guidescope preview freezes while Ekos is transferring raw files from the DSLR to the Rpi. At some point, PHD2 complains about QHY driver timing out, and I usually need to restart guiding.

Could it be a power issue (I don't use a powered hub at the moment) ? A USB bottleneck somehow ?
I'm not asking for a solution directly (because miracles are rare :D), but I don't really know where to begin with :(. I'm new with INDI and don't really what I could try to do to diagnose my issue.

Regards,
Bertrand

INDI Library : 1.7.9 (compiled from d0321cb7, a more recent build like 1.8.0 does not get an image from the QHY5II)
Kstars/Ekos : 3.3.3
Linux raspberry pi 4.19.57-v7l (Raspberry Pi 4) on Raspbian 10 Buster

PHD2 Log extract
INDI pentax
INDI QHY
4 years 7 months ago #42821
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94
4 years 7 months ago #43477

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Steve. It could indeed ! Thanks !
I kind of created a double thread by mistake, and the [link url=https://www.indilib.org/forum/general/5640-qhy-driver-timeout-when-using-gphoto-at-the-same-time.html#43280]other one[/url] draw more attention :)

I already signaled this thread as to be deleted because of my mistake, but so far, no action has been taken.
4 years 7 months ago #43516

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds