INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Seeking advice - FITS data disappears

• Thank you received: 161
This is not strictly Ekos related but nevertheless my FITS data keeps disappearing so I am asking for help. After taking a photo in Ekos, image viewers like gwenview show the associated FITS data like this:

I then store the pictures in an NFS-attached Raid5 disk array. As soon as the files arrive there, the FITS data has disappeared! Gwenview now looks like this:

I have no idea what is going on and how to prevent the FITS data from disappearing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 years 7 months ago #42920
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
What OS is this on? I noticed that the FITS headers are not displayed (and hence seem to disappear) when a FITS file is copied to an external disk on MacOS. When the file is copied back, the FITS headers reappear again.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #42940

• Thank you received: 161
Oh, right, it's both Linux. The destop where the original files (containing the FITS data) arrive is Kubuntu 19.04 and the server the files are copied to is a SuSE Leap 15.

The NFS file server is mounted by the very machine that originally received the FITS files. In Dolphin I can access both directories (split window). One does contain the FITS info, the other one doesn't.

Wohoo, you're right, as soon as I copy them back the FITS data reappears! What the heck!? Any idea what I could do in order to have the FITS data while the files are in the NFS mounted directory?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Alfred.
4 years 7 months ago #42944

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds