INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

A few issues with 3.3.6, the scheduler and flats.

• Thank you received: 139
I ran an image sequence all night last night and experienced a few issues. (I'm on a Mac if it makes any difference).

First thing was setting up the scheduler.

I created a sequence, and manually got my framing correct for the object I wanted to image. I took a sub to use as a plate solve for the scheduler. I went into the scheduler and selected the image for plate solving, choose my sequence and pick startup and shut down procedures, then tried to add it to the schedule. It wouldn't add because there were no RA/DEC coordinates. I had to pick a nearby star for the scheduler to go to first, then it ran the plate solve. I don't think it should run like this.

It should be able to solve the image first, then go to the correct coordinate, and not have to rely on me choosing an object from the database, as this object wasn't in the database.

The second issue during the evening, was the automated meridian flip would not resume guiding after the flip. It did the flip correctly, but I had to manually start the sequence again to get guiding to start and for the sequence to resume.

The last issue I encountered was in the morning trying to take flats after the scheduler had finished. I added a new sequence for the flats, and hit start. I got a crash to the desktop every single time after the first image to save. It will adjust the ADU value, but as soon as it saves one of the images, KStars/EKOS crashes to the desktop. I rebooted, and tried several more times to take flats, and it crashed every time.

I finally loaded up 3.3.4 and took my flats.

Sorry, I don't have logs, I forgot to turn it on! I'll have it on tonight when I run it again. I'll see if it can capture the scheduler resume guiding issue after meridian flip.
4 years 6 months ago #43281

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One other issue I see is that turning off the Fits viewer preference does not seem to save between restarts of KStars/EKOS.
4 years 6 months ago #43284

1. I agree on this and just added a change whereas when selecting a FITS file, Ekos will try to guess the RA/DE and object name from the headers and fill these values automatically.
2. I couldn't reproduce any crash, but I worked on improving the calculations a bit now.

Do you have any crash logs?
4 years 6 months ago #43307

I imaged again last night with the scheduler, and had logging on, but the while night was successful, and the meridian flip resumed as it was supposed to this time. I'm not sure what caused the issue previously. I still had crashes when trying to take flats. I recorded logs, but not sure which one it is. See attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: Archive_20...9-14.zip
File Size:59 KB
4 years 6 months ago #43318
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds