INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS is missing buttons in the lastest release

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

When using EKOS, the minimize and full screen buttons are missing. This caused the Main page to hide the Indy page. To see the INDY page, EKOS has to be shutdown. To stop INDI, EKOS has to be reopened. Thank you.
4 years 6 months ago #43891

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

If Ekos is configured to open in a separate window then the buttons are there. If not then they are not there and the Ekos window needs to be closed. That can be done without the need to stop INDI.

See KStars Settings -> Ekos to configure this.

Wouter
4 years 6 months ago #43898

Hello Wouter,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this leave EKOS with being in the way of KSTARS. When setting up KSTARS for a session, Looking INDI and KSTARS to see where it thinks they are is important. Having to constantly open EKOS and close it seems rather obnoxious. Once Alginment and Placement are done, only tracking a target requires EKOS. EKOS and PHD have a hand off. But EKOS has to be closed to see KSTARS. Minimize and Full Screen buttons are needed. Thank you.
4 years 5 months ago #44522

• Thank you received: 226
Wvreeven is correct. Configure options for INDI and EKOS to each be independent windows to get them to minimize without hiding KStars. Also do yourself a favor and take a moment to setup keyboard shortcuts to pull them up and down on demand.
4 years 5 months ago #44524

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
I think it's:
kstars - settings - configure kstars - EKOS
HTH
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by alacant.
4 years 5 months ago #44529
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 370
It depends on the OS or the windows manager. With debian 10 and Gnome, the buttons are missing even if the independent window option is selected. On Raspbian 10 with LXDE, everything is fine.

- Wolfgang
4 years 5 months ago #44532

Hello,

I do apologize. I was too global. I need to be specific. This issue is with AstroBerry for RPI. Clicking on the option provided works partially. The INDI control panel has all three buttons. EKOS has one. In fact, turning the option off yields INDI with three buttons and EKOS with one.

With AstroBerry, a past revision all was working. When I started down this path, Ubuntu-Mate was 16.04. The OS is currently 19.04.1. As with every OS update, what was given in the past is now taken away.

On one clear night and after an update, I noticed that EKOS was always in my way. I investigated why. I saw the option and selected it. Windows were now independent. EKOS was in my way. I had to close it.

Recently, I reinstalled INDI and ran updater. Many items were updated. I will see if EKOS is fixed.
4 years 5 months ago #44535

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
Ubuntu 18.04
Is this what is supposed to happen?
Cheers
4 years 5 months ago #44541
Attachments:

scrn.mkv

Hello,

Alas, the updates after reinstall did nothing to alleviate the missing Maximize and Minimize buttons with EKOS. In fact, clicking on the window header shows both obtions are greyed out. This says that the child window was not provided these two functions for the Raspberry PI edition of KSTARS/EKOS. The same problem exists when setting EKOS to be an independent windows. The INDI control panel has Minimize and Maximize buttons.

AstroBerry for PI 3B+
128 G card.
Ubuntu-mate Version 19.04
INDI version 1.8.1 for UBUNTU 18.04
KSTARS 3.3.6
Build: 2019-09-11T05:30.212
4 years 5 months ago #44665

EKOS and INDI control window each have separate options to make them independent windows. It sounds like you found the INDI option at least.
If you continue to have problems, perhaps I or someone else can help by remoting into your pi with vnc or teamviewer.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Andrew.
4 years 5 months ago #44666

Hello Ihoujin,

Thank you for your gracious offer. Remote access is not possible. However, I never lost the INDI option. I have an RPI 3B with AstroBerry installed. This was my first platform with RPI. It is fixated on 16.04, The EKOS applet window does not have access to Minimize and Maximize. I must have been mistaken to think that EKOS did have Minimize and Mazimize buttons. Apparently, EKOS for Pi and AstroBerry never did.

Comparing the 3B and 3B+ with each other, I see a difference. Under the 3B, EKOS opens INDI infront of EKOS with the option checked or unchecked. Under 3B+, EKOS opens INDI behind itself. This is the rub. In fact, if I minimize INDI and then Mazimize, EKOS is on top. I could not check INDI for errors or messages on hardware. IF EKOS had minimize and maximiize controls then I would never had the problem. What option turns off EKOS always on top?
4 years 5 months ago #44716

I'm afraid I have no further suggestions for fixing such a glitch. You say you are running Astroberry. Might I suggest instead of that, try a clean installation with Ubuntu Mate, or Raspbian and running the AstroPi3 setup script developed by Rlancaste?
www.indilib.org/forum/general/5524-astro...scripts-revised.html
4 years 5 months ago #44731

Time to create page: 1.238 seconds