INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing

1 week 3 days ago
wcreech19
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing #44419
New issue I've never seen last night: Woke up this morning to find Ekos summary screen stuck on "focusing". I set the autofocusing routine to focus every 45 min. but when it hits 45 min, the summary screen says focusing but the focus module isn't doing anything. I have to hit the "autofocus" button then it would go through the focus routine and capture the sequence for the next 45 min unit it happens again. Which logs do I need to turn on to capture the problem? Also, any ideas as to what I can do to work around it?

Thanks, Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago
sterne-jaeger
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing #44421
Hi Wes,
log submission is explained [url=here]https://www.indilib.org/support/logs-submission.html[/url].

In the meanwhile: turning off autofocusing in the Capture module is the safest way. If you are using the Scheduler, please use a capture sequence that has autofocusing turned off.

For the rest, we need your log files.

Wolfgang

1 week 2 days ago
wcreech19
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing #44464
Logs attached. I did manually press "auto-focus" at one point in time and all the focus logs seem to explain the procedure well. It's when it does a Auto-refocus that seems to be the problem. There's not much going on after it captures two focus images. I'm not sure what to think. Any help is appreciated!
Attachments:

12 hours 25 minutes ago
wcreech19
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Ekos/Kstars stuck at focusing #44778
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds