INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

white to dark picture asi 1600 mm pro?

• Thank you received: 0
Helle . I am testing my new setup with stellarmate on a rpi4 with usb3 for the first time. My zwo 1600 mm pro produced a strange illuminated fit file. It is connected to usb 3 but i have the same result when plug it into usb2.
Does anyone have a solution?
4 years 3 months ago #46385
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi,

What object are you trying to image? Or is your telescope + camera set up inside and are you taking test shots of a wall or something?

Wouter
4 years 3 months ago #46984

• Thank you received: 133
Either a light leak (if it was supposed to be dark) or some obstruction/vignetting, together with an auto-stretch in the viewer. Quick guess there could be an OAG placed on the short side of the main camera chip. But auto-stretch makes a 10% vignetting look like a black-white transit....
4 years 3 months ago #46988

• Thank you received: 0
I did use a ha filter with telelens during daytime . I made the same test that afternoon in the Windows environment using SGP. With no problems...... I will test again using the rpi of one of my astro friends.

Dick
4 years 3 months ago #47033

• Thank you received: 420
Hoi Dick,

The way Ekos stretches the image is quite extreme so you probably get a better comparison by taking an image via Ekos and another via SGP and open them both in PixInsight or another application that can stretch FITS files. That way you get a better comparison of the images and can see whether there indeed is a problem or not.

Groetjes, Wouter
4 years 3 months ago #47034

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds