INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Frustration !!!!

• Thank you received: 223
So this evening, with just a couple of hours of clear night I got my new QH5L-II-M camera setup, so much more sensitive than the original QHY5.
Now, the frustrating part...
<strong>The ATIK 314 no longer works.
Unable to solve anything, local or remote (astrometry)
</strong>

I spend more time fixing stuff and getting annoyed than taking any astro pictures, really really does my head in.
And yes everything is up2date to this day, server and client. No I do not have a log file, clouds rolled in now. I have to wait another 2 months until I'm back here now.

root@heidenrod-obs:/home/heidenrod# dpkg -l | grep atik
ii indi-atik 2.4~201911160020~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels.
ii libatik 2.2.6~201911071658~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf Library for Atik Cameras.
root@heidenrod-obs:/home/heidenrod#

root@heidenrod-obs:/home/heidenrod# dpkg -l | grep libindi
ii libindi-data 1.8.2~201911200846~ubuntu18.04.1 all Instrument-Neutral Device Interface library -- shared data
ii libindi-dev 1.8.2~201911200846~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf Instrument-Neutral Device Interface library -- development files
ii libindi1:armhf 1.8.2~201911200846~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf Instrument-Neutral Device Interface library -- shared library
root@heidenrod-obs:/home/heidenrod#

This is what I get with the Atik, no matter which exposure I use.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
4 years 3 months ago #47227
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #47228

Replied by Gonzothegreat on topic Frustration !!!!

I do wonder...

root@heidenrod-obs:~# ls -la /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatik*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Nov 7 17:58 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatik.so -> libatik.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Nov 7 17:58 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatikcameras.so -> libatikcameras.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Nov 7 17:58 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatikcameras.so.2 -> libatikcameras.so.2.2.6
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4616452 Nov 7 17:58 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libatikcameras.so.2.2.6
root@heidenrod-obs:~# find / -name libatik.so.2
root@heidenrod-obs:~#

There is a red symlink ... pointing to non existing file
4 years 3 months ago #47229

It does not seem possible to download the previous version of the atik packages.
4 years 3 months ago #47231

• Thank you received: 17

Replied by S on topic Frustration !!!!

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I do feel your frustrations. Have had the same kind of problem with my qhy2pro. Now I got a custom driver from qhy that works, but I dare not update indi until I get another RPI set up since there is no turning back to an old version with apt. I think it should be prioritized to allow install of all old versions of Indi, not just the latest, since updates sometimes break stuff.

Rant over, I do love Indi so thanks a lot for all the hard work :-)
4 years 3 months ago #47233

I agree "I think it should be prioritized to allow install of all old versions of Indi, not just the latest, since updates sometimes break stuff."
Right now, I need to wait 2 months until I come back here to re-align the mount. I was supposed to do it this time, but the weather hasn't been great, so when I saw a gap in the clouds... I jumped to the occasion.
If I had been able to download the previous drivers, I could have sorted out my polar alignment.
4 years 3 months ago #47234

• Thank you received: 40

Replied by David Tate on topic Frustration !!!!

Telescope cover on? Not saying I've done that... but, yeah I've done that!!! Ok, I know nothing about your camera (I have the ZWO1600).

Want to see frustration? Check out Dylan's video:
4 years 3 months ago #47235

I do not have a telescope cover, I am 100% sure the Atik issue is with the latest driver. I need to try to compile the previous ones and see how it goes.
4 years 3 months ago #47241

• Thank you received: 138

Replied by Chris Rowland on topic Frustration !!!!

I've just checked and I have the same atik camera files as you describe, including the red symlink. Same dates, same names.
And my ATIK 383L+ works fine.

The fact that INDI can connect, recognise the camera, and get an image indicates that the connection to the camera is working at least well enough that INDI believes it has downloaded an image and all is well.
I don't see any evidence that there is any problem with the software.
I wonder if the probem is internal to the camera.
Does the image data have noise in it?
Maybe it's a problem with the connection between the CCD and the controller in the camera.

It could be time to contact Atik or more heroic measures such as opening the camera and looking for obvious problems such as loose connections or socketed ICs with bad connections.

Happy Christmas!
Chris
4 years 3 months ago #47242

I have opened up the camera to check for obvious issues, burned component, or loose wires. None.

4 years 3 months ago #47243
Attachments:

Chris could you please let me now which firmware/API version you are running? You can get that from the "General Info" tab in the Atik tab. thanks
4 years 3 months ago #47244

Appart from removing a few cobwebs and a dead insect, I've reinstalled the indi-atik and libatik packages.
I had recompiled the drivers for it, from 1.7.7 to 1.8.1 to see what works or not.

And no, I've been through a sequence of 21 images with different exposure lengths, and they all worked.
I am puzzled.

4 years 3 months ago #47245
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.816 seconds