INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS (KStars 3.4) keeps crashing to the desktop when using the align module

• Thank you received: 155
I will post an error log later today. But for thew last two nights, the align module keeps crashing when trying to Slew to Target. It seems to be fine, and does the first iteration of capture, plat-solving, and slewing with no problem. But on the second iteration it crashes to the desktop. I tried ASTAP and Astrometry and both fail the same way. Everything was fine before I upgraded to KSTARS 3.4, so this is a new bug. Using Ubuntu 16.4.
If Kstars no longer works with Ubuntu 16.4 let me know, and I will consider upgrading or just stick with KStars 3.9.
4 years 2 months ago #48190

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I've seen this crashes too on Windows OS. On Linux, couldn't get a crash to occur just yet. But I plan to test this with my observatory on Windows & Linux pretty soon. Waiting for RPI4 to arrive (my home observatory still running StellarMate on RPi3 just fine, but might as well upgrade) in a couple of days then I will test KStars + SM OS on it. Will run a stress test on the rig.
4 years 2 months ago #48213

• Thank you received: 1
Also doing it on Raspberry Pi4 with Raspbian on 3.4 git sources.
4 years 2 months ago #48653

• Thank you received: 182
I get random, unexplained crashes once in a while, but Ubuntu MATE 18.04 on an RPi4 running off an SSD sofar has not acted up for me on the solver stage.
If I am not mistaken, Peter is running his rig off a Nano-PiT4, so not comparable.
Jo
4 years 2 months ago #48669

• Thank you received: 155
I just downloaded the latest Nightly, and it works much better. No crashes with alignment yet! The auto star and subframe still not working ☹️
4 years 2 months ago #48670

• Thank you received: 94
Hi everyone
Isn't this this and this ?
Cheers and HTH track it.
Steve
4 years 2 months ago #48671

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds