INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

windi (ascom indi bridge) solve/guide issue

• Thank you received: 0
My setup to help explain my issue:

Using KStars/Ekos on a windows machine
Sitech mount with it's ascom driver installed
windi ascom to indi bridge is running on the windows machine
RPi running indiwebwebmanager is installed
SBIG camera with built in guide/AO is connected to the RPI

I use Ekos to connect through indiwebmanager setting sbig as the camera and set remote url to the windows windi server.

Imaging from the main sbig and guide cam works, syncing and slewing the mount works.

Whenever I try to guide or solve I get an error. For example when trying to solve it just errors before doing anything "Telescope aperture and focal length are missing. Please check your driver settings and try again." When I try to guide I get a similar error and I notice none of the info is there for focal length, apature, etc on the guide tab.

On the telescope tab if I set a apature and focal length and hit "save telescope info" Nothing happens. There is nothing in the drop down under configurations. I am guessing that the issue might be there. Maybe the windi indi bridge doesn't support storing that info? I am not sure.

Does anyone have a workaround? It would be nice if I can just overwrite those setting and not require it to be in the mount itself or something. Or maybe I don't understand that part about INDI. In anycase I am hoping someone can help.
4 years 2 months ago #49790

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds