INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pi4, USB3, and Wireless 2.4Ghz interference

• Thank you received: 140

Right click on the network icon, and then choose settings, in there you choose the hotspot, and settings again, then on one of the tabs you will see the option to have either 2.4, 5ghz or auto, change it there.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matteo Gaetan
3 years 2 months ago #65701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
That worked, thank you!
3 years 2 months ago #65872

• Thank you received: 0
RF interference is affected only by distance.  The farther away you can place your USB2 devices from the USB3 ports, the better.

I have a GPS dongle that is USB2.  The RFI affects GPS reception.  I had to put the dongle 6 feet away from the PI on a powered hub.  I played with surrounding the PI4 with foil to test other ways to reduce the noise.  Most of the interference is generated at the connector itself.

The powered hub is required else my GPS dongle doesn't get enough power from USB to be able to generate consistent data.

3 years 2 weeks ago #68489

• Thank you received: 1
Just to confirm the issue: I have no GPS reception (NEO 6M Board connected to the Rapi GPIO) as soon as I plugin the ASI120 into USB3! What a bummer! Not only did it take me forever to pinpoint this issue, it is als frustrating because I rely on the GPS for position and time when I am out in the field... I will try to tinker with it a little bit (placement of antenna etc.), but I am not hopeful
2 years 9 months ago #71766

• Thank you received: 3
One thing that helped me when I was troubleshooting the 2.4Ghz and USB3.0 issue was making sure I had the correct country code set in my netwrok/wifi settings. Wifi channels and signal strength differ from country to country. When I was pinning my astroberry to only run in 5Ghz hotspot mode and only connect to my 5Ghz home wifi SSID, I could not reliably connect after reboots. I read in another forum about the country code setting.

Run raspi-config and go to "Localisation Options" then "Change Wi-fi Country". Set it your country.

Mine has be very stable since I made this change. HTH
2 years 9 months ago #71772

• Thank you received: 13
I don't know if this is related but I have found a problem with my Pi 4  that is hardwired to my router with a cat5 cable (I don't connect using wifi).   In testing I disconnected all devices with only the Skywatcher EQ8-R pro USB 3 hub connected to the USB 3 port on the Pi with a type A to B cable.
I find if I shut down the Pi 4 with the hub connected then turn the power off to the Pi then power up the Pi 4 it hangs with the red LED permanently on. If I repeat this the Pi still hangs. I have to disconnect the hub from the Pi then re-connect before starting the Pi or simply always start the Pi disconnected from the hub and 'live' connect it (which I dislike) after the Pi has started.  This happens with the hub powered and not powered. Is this a known problem with the Pi 4 or is this a hub issue?  
2 years 2 weeks ago #81275

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds