INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS Crashes a lot Randomly most likely due to FitsViewer

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Jasem,

I came across an issue with EKOS the other day. It crashes a lot, very randomly. I narrowed it down to exposure downloads. The log is spammed with "[ org.kde.kstars.fits] - Reading FITS file buffer" until it finally crashes.
I was able to reproduce it in the latest nightly yesterday with the simulator. I need to resolve the issue, because I'm worried that the sensor in my camera will crack from thermal shock every time this happens.

I hope, I am screwing something up and you can help. Logs attached!

All the best and thanks in advance,
Florian

File Attachment:

File Name: log_22-48-38.txt
File Size:368 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_23-14-11.txt
File Size:419 KB
4 years 1 week ago #50875
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please run KStars via gdb so we can get a useful backtrace.
gdb -ex run kstars

then run KStars as usual, if it crashes, go back to the console and type in bt to get the backtrace then post it here.
4 years 1 week ago #50880

OK thanks!

Will do it and run it tonight to see what comes up. I've muted audio and enabled limited resources mode in FITS viewer in the mean time, and now I can't reproduce it with simulators anymore. I am, also planning to install Zram if this doesn't work, to see if it makes a difference as I suspect this may be an out of memory error.
4 years 1 week ago #50881

Sorry for the late reply Jasem,

I have been trying for the last week to get a backtrace. Unfortunately I haven't managed to, or I don't think so. I don't get anything when typing bt. You can see in the screenshot attached below. The log doesn't have any useful information either, no specific reason or sign of a crash. I am clueless as to what this might be, but I want to solve the issue, because my setup is so unreliable this way, that I'm practically afraid to run it and crack my sensor from thermal shock.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-30-27.txt
File Size:1,108 KB

Thanks,
Florian
4 years 11 hours ago #51299
Attachments:

It shows the program existing normal hence no backtrace.. it didn't crash above.
4 years 5 hours ago #51310

Thanks! So then it's probably a system related issue? Like a system process stopping Kstars? Surely there wasn't anybody around to press close.
4 years 3 hours ago #51319

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds