INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....??

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Here's a thing I feel is strange. I have a series of jobs saved as a single file (attached) that I terminated due to errors. THen I clicked the circle to set them all as active again. And clicked Run. THen the schduler wants to sleep for almost 24 hours.... ??

I shut down Kstars, restart, reload the file, and same thing happens. That's what is in the log (attached).

THen I try to set up a new job. Same thing happens.

WHat am I missing here......??

Magnus
4 years 5 days ago #51050
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi again!

OK, I might understand something. THere is an altitude restriction making the second job impossible tonight. But why on earth is it not either downprioritized to last, or marked invalid? Does this mean I can not use altitude restrictions to have the scheduler de-select jobs that are too low? That was my plan - to have a list of variables and have the scheduler just run the ones that are feasible....

Magnus
4 years 5 days ago #51051

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Magnus, that‘s right, altitude restrictions lead to a postponement of the entire schedule. You could use the „repeat until“ feature as a workaround.

Fixing this is one of the features on my List to be fixed...
- Wolfgang
4 years 5 days ago #51066

Hi!

Ah, it's good to hear that you cofirm this. As might be evident from my typo in the topic (34 hours instead of 24), this was very frustrating... :)

How do you mean to use "repeat until" as a workaround? I can't see how that would be done.

Best,

Magnus
4 years 5 days ago #51072

• Thank you received: 370
I guess you have at least two jobs in your schedule, where the first one has the altitude restriction. Put another job *before* that one with the altitude restriction that is restricted by "repeat until".

Now select the "repeat until" such that for the other one the altitude is on the desired height.

Does that make sense? If you have further questions, it might be useful if you post your schedule.

- Wolfgang
4 years 5 days ago #51074

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds