INDI Library v1.8.4 Released

Minor bugfix release with some highlights:

Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....??

6 days 12 hours ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....?? #51050
Hi!

Here's a thing I feel is strange. I have a series of jobs saved as a single file (attached) that I terminated due to errors. THen I clicked the circle to set them all as active again. And clicked Run. THen the schduler wants to sleep for almost 24 hours.... ??

I shut down Kstars, restart, reload the file, and same thing happens. That's what is in the log (attached).

THen I try to set up a new job. Same thing happens.

WHat am I missing here......??

Magnus

C8, Losmandy G11, Canon 1000D astromodified.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 12 hours ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....?? #51051
Hi again!

OK, I might understand something. THere is an altitude restriction making the second job impossible tonight. But why on earth is it not either downprioritized to last, or marked invalid? Does this mean I can not use altitude restrictions to have the scheduler de-select jobs that are too low? That was my plan - to have a list of variables and have the scheduler just run the ones that are feasible....

Magnus

6 days 2 hours ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....?? #51066
Hi Magnus, that‘s right, altitude restrictions lead to a postponement of the entire schedule. You could use the „repeat until“ feature as a workaround.

Fixing this is one of the features on my List to be fixed...
- Wolfgang

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

6 days 1 hour ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....?? #51072
Hi!

Ah, it's good to hear that you cofirm this. As might be evident from my typo in the topic (34 hours instead of 24), this was very frustrating... :)

How do you mean to use "repeat until" as a workaround? I can't see how that would be done.

Best,

Magnus

6 days 1 hour ago
sterne-jaeger
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Scheduler wants to sleep for almost 34 hours.....?? #51074
I guess you have at least two jobs in your schedule, where the first one has the altitude restriction. Put another job *before* that one with the altitude restriction that is restricted by "repeat until".

Now select the "repeat until" such that for the other one the altitude is on the desired height.

Does that make sense? If you have further questions, it might be useful if you post your schedule.

- Wolfgang

TSA-120 + FSQ-85 + GSO 150/750 | Avalon Linear + M-zero | Moravian G2-8300 + ASI 1600mm pro + ASI 294mc pro | KStars/INDI on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian 10

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds