INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

TruTech number of filters defaults to 5

• Thank you received: 138
It's very difficult to debug this sort of communication problem without the developer having access to the hardware.

In this case none of the commands are returning any sort of response, this could be a hardware problem, such as the reply connection not being connected, or some problem with the commands being sent.

I get the impression that True Tech are gone, and there was never much support for this wheel.

One thing I wonder about is how the checksum is calculated, I would have expected that the sum of the first three bytes should be negated so that the sum of all 4 bytes including the checksum adds to a multiple of 256.

But without a close connection to the hardware it's probably not practical to try.

Edit: Clashed with Jasem's reply, hope it works.
Last edit: 4 years 21 hours ago by Chris Rowland. Reason: Clashed with another reply
4 years 21 hours ago #51311

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
Hi Jasem

Works perfectly - thank you! I see what you did - the buffer size was incorrectly allocated.

Chris - I totally agree with you - very hard to know how the software will behave without the hardware connected, that's why I offered to do some live connected testing with Jasem. I am setting up TeamViewer to enable this in case we should need to do so in the future.

Very impressed with both the software and the level of support provided - by Jasem and by the community as a whole. I am still keen to become involved in this project in whatever capacity I can.

All the best and enjoy your weekend! Cloudy weather is on the way here in the UK but I have a load of data to process from the last week thanks to Ekos/Kstars and my fantastic new RaspberryPi which is handling my observatory brilliantly.

Cheers
Iain
4 years 21 hours ago #51314

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds