INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD Autostart Cooling

• Thank you received: 420
Bart, what I notice is that as soon as the camera has power and gets connected to a computer, the fans start working. But it doesn't start cooling until I start Ekos. That's why I assumed that Ekos was activating the cooling of the camera.

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #51684

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by Bart on topic CCD Autostart Cooling

Then I'm mistaken. Indeed the fan starts, I thought also the cooling. :whistle:
3 years 11 months ago #51685

There is an easy way to check this. Connect the ASI1600 to your pc/laptop/SBC/RPi/WhatEver, start Ekos and wait until the camera has cooled down. Then stop Ekos but leave everything connected. Note that the fans don't stop. Start Ekos again after 2 minutes and you should see that the temperature of the camera is high and going down again.

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #51686

• Thank you received: 133
  1. It actually does cool, though not controlled. But you can see that the 12V draws some power (0.3-0.4 Amps IIRC), and the temperature goes down. I.e., if I connect it with ambient temperature of +5 degrees, then leave it like that for a while, and then connect the INDI driver, the temperature will be well below zero....
  2. My 1600MM-Pro also starts cooling as soon as I start INDI. It does now, I have to say. It didn't do it a year ago. I cannot say when exactly it started. I had assumed I had clicked 'save' with active cooling at some point. But if that doesn't store those settings - maybe it was after one of the upgrades of the asilib? So it could be the newer SDK driver doing this?
3 years 11 months ago #51846

I don't thin k I ever saw that behavior but I'll admit that I haven't attempted this for a long time now.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 11 months ago #51854

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds