INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Where to save images from scheduler

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

How can I change the way the scheduler stores images? Right now, they are stored in folders with the structure:
Target - Light - Filter - Subs

I can set a folder for saving in the Capture module, but in that folder, the scheduler produce the folder structure above.

For the moment, I take a lot of images of variable stars. Currently, I have a standard job with 20 variables, and 1-3 subs for each. That means a lot of clicking through folders to download and process them afterwards.

What I would like, is an option to store all subs in one directory - that is, all targets in one foler. Maybe a "Light - Filter"-folder (since all are taken with a V-filter), but all in one folder. Is that possible?

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giles
3 years 11 months ago #51624

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
I would like to know this as well, having all subs in the same folder (with a naming convention set for all subs - e.g. target, sub-type, filter, time) would also make it useful to use ALS on the side to automatically stack subs as they come in. I think ALS doesn't support the current Ekos default folder hierarchy convention.
3 years 11 months ago #51625

• Thank you received: 301
This part has not been improved for a long time. The capture module is building that hierarchy, eventually with the scheduler providing the target name. But the whole thing is hard-coded, yes.

Now, it is possible to consolidate a script reacting on the creation of frames, and moving files out to a folder structure that suits you.

Also having a storage module doing this job with previews as an Ekos tab would be great.

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #51653

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds