INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Where to save images from scheduler

1 month 2 weeks ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Where to save images from scheduler #51624
Hi!

How can I change the way the scheduler stores images? Right now, they are stored in folders with the structure:
Target - Light - Filter - Subs

I can set a folder for saving in the Capture module, but in that folder, the scheduler produce the folder structure above.

For the moment, I take a lot of images of variable stars. Currently, I have a standard job with 20 variables, and 1-3 subs for each. That means a lot of clicking through folders to download and process them afterwards.

What I would like, is an option to store all subs in one directory - that is, all targets in one foler. Maybe a "Light - Filter"-folder (since all are taken with a V-filter), but all in one folder. Is that possible?

Magnus

C8, Losmandy G11, Canon 1000D astromodified.
The following user(s) said Thank You gilesco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago
gilesco
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Where to save images from scheduler #51625
I would like to know this as well, having all subs in the same folder (with a naming convention set for all subs - e.g. target, sub-type, filter, time) would also make it useful to use ALS on the side to automatically stack subs as they come in. I think ALS doesn't support the current Ekos default folder hierarchy convention.

__
I blog my progress: www.coochey.net

1 month 2 weeks ago
TallFurryMan
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Where to save images from scheduler #51653
This part has not been improved for a long time. The capture module is building that hierarchy, eventually with the scheduler providing the target name. But the whole thing is hard-coded, yes.

Now, it is possible to consolidate a script reacting on the creation of frames, and moving files out to a folder structure that suits you.

Also having a storage module doing this job with previews as an Ekos tab would be great.

-Eric

HEQ5-Pro - Atik 314E - Orion ED80T - DMK21 on Orion 50mm
DIY 3D-printed Moonlite and FWheel RGB/LPR
KStars and indiserver on two Atom 1.6GHz 1GB RAM Linux, VPN remote access

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds