INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

False Filter Entry in FITS Header

• Thank you received: 28
Hi,

with KStars 3.4.1 on MAC I recognized strange filter name entries in the FITS header. My setup show 'R', 'G', 'B', 'L' for example. in R is say 'Red ' in b it says 'Blue' but for example in L is says 'H alpha'. Do I have to set the names elsewhere ? The filter setting I get via INDI protocol show the right naming as they do in filter setting in EKOS. Interesting was that EKOS did automatically split the directories for Light in R, G, B, L (which are excactly the naming), and the string in the FITS file name was correct,

too, but the Header Entries were wrong:

Any Ideas ?

Michel
3 years 11 months ago #51688
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

in the CCD Driver --> Options --> what was the ACTIVE_FILTER set to? it snoops filter names from this driver. It could be itself as well if the CCD has an internal filter wheel.
3 years 11 months ago #51703

Hi Jasem,

it's the internal Filterwheel:

Michel
3 years 11 months ago #51704
Attachments:

in Ekos, is QSI selected as the filter wheel as well? It appears to be the CCD Simulator filter wheel that is getting written.
3 years 11 months ago #51709

Jasem,
in profile editor I can't set QSI as filter. So there it's none. I sorted out the problem and removed the CCDSimulator as possible problem from the INDI server. So it should now be impossible to use it.
Michel

3 years 11 months ago #51711
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds