INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Time in Kstars and Scheduler

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I've run into some time issues lately with the Scheduler. Today, my Kstars runs correctly on CET. But seems not to adjust for summer time. THis means that Kstars says time is 8 pm when "real" civil time is 9 pm. However, the twilight-dusk settings in Scheduler seems to be in civil time. That is, tonight I should be able to start imaging around 9.30 pm. Which is almost now. But Scheduler thinks that is more than an hour away - something I interpret as Scheduler running on Kstars time, which seems to be without summer time - but twilight time is WITH summer time correction.

Sorry if this sounds confused. I AM confused by these issues. Anyone recognize (not my confusion but the time issue)?

Magnus
4 years 1 week ago #51712

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Hi,

I also had this issue recently. I found a workaround which is to disable Time sync between Kstars/Ekos and Indi.
You will this setting in Configuration -> Kstars Configuration... -> INDI -> Time and Location Updates. There uncheck "Time".

Sebastien
4 years 1 week ago #51713

• Thank you received: 301
Most probably your geographical location is misconfigured. If you added a custom one, check the DST settings there.

-Eric
4 years 1 week ago #51714

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Hrm. you were right - wrong location. Although I am dead certain that's the first thing I checked... hrm. Anyway: now it looks better, will keep working and return if there is more to the issue.

Thanks.

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 1 week ago #51722

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds