INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Time in Kstars and Scheduler

1 month 3 weeks ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Time in Kstars and Scheduler #51712
Hi!

I've run into some time issues lately with the Scheduler. Today, my Kstars runs correctly on CET. But seems not to adjust for summer time. THis means that Kstars says time is 8 pm when "real" civil time is 9 pm. However, the twilight-dusk settings in Scheduler seems to be in civil time. That is, tonight I should be able to start imaging around 9.30 pm. Which is almost now. But Scheduler thinks that is more than an hour away - something I interpret as Scheduler running on Kstars time, which seems to be without summer time - but twilight time is WITH summer time correction.

Sorry if this sounds confused. I AM confused by these issues. Anyone recognize (not my confusion but the time issue)?

Magnus

C8, Losmandy G11, Canon 1000D astromodified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago
sebiseb
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Time in Kstars and Scheduler #51713
Hi,

I also had this issue recently. I found a workaround which is to disable Time sync between Kstars/Ekos and Indi.
You will this setting in Configuration -> Kstars Configuration... -> INDI -> Time and Location Updates. There uncheck "Time".

Sebastien

1 month 3 weeks ago
TallFurryMan
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Time in Kstars and Scheduler #51714
Most probably your geographical location is misconfigured. If you added a custom one, check the DST settings there.

-Eric

HEQ5-Pro - Atik 314E - Orion ED80T - DMK21 on Orion 50mm
DIY 3D-printed Moonlite and FWheel RGB/LPR
KStars and indiserver on two Atom 1.6GHz 1GB RAM Linux, VPN remote access

1 month 3 weeks ago
mlarsson
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Time in Kstars and Scheduler #51722
Hi!

Hrm. you were right - wrong location. Although I am dead certain that's the first thing I checked... hrm. Anyway: now it looks better, will keep working and return if there is more to the issue.

Thanks.

Magnus

C8, Losmandy G11, Canon 1000D astromodified.
The following user(s) said Thank You TallFurryMan

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds