INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Guiding remains suspended

• Thank you received: 809
We could try that method to see if it works. I left the comment in there where it can be added. Maybe if we detect something odd, such as this case where a guide step comes in and we are not guiding as far as we know, we could call that method and get an updated state.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
3 years 11 months ago #51789

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
I'm giving it a try. If it works, it could make the connection to PHD2 more robust. There are other places in the code where the phd2 class "guesses" a new state from some behavior. All these places could be stepwise migrated to a re-sync with the PHD2 state instead of speculating what it should be.

If somebody is interested, my change is already ready for testing: github.com/sterne-jaeger/kstars/tree/guide_paused_resume

The implementation seems to be straight forward, since the phd2 class is set up quite generic.

Additionally, I removed the special case from guide.cpp. I think this is anyway the wrong place for PHD2 specific behavior.

Feedback warmly welcome. I will give it a try this night.

Cheers
Wolfgang
3 years 11 months ago #51791

• Thank you received: 133
Somewhat half OT. But as you work on Meridian flip, and now look at PHD2 control - any chance to integrate an option to send a 'flip calibration' command to PHD2 after a meridian flip? The API supports it, but it's not used by EKOS (so far). As my mount doesn't have pier side info, this keeps me from automatic flips. I always have to stop and manually flip the calibration....
3 years 11 months ago #51845

• Thank you received: 370
Yepp, slightly OT :-)
What about opening a new discussion thread? Sounds reasonable, but each configuration option adds complexity...

- Wolfgang
3 years 11 months ago #51857

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds