INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Side-of-pier problem - bug?

• Thank you received: 138
The new code will be in the next nightly build. I'm not sure when night is but it should be available by this time tomorrow.

You will need to switch to the nightly build and update Indi from that, There are instructions in the download section of this site.

Once you are running, aligned and connected check the pier side as follows:
Check when the mount is looking more or less South. Slews to objects on either side of the meridian should behave as now so if looking at an object to the East the pointing state will be West and for objects to the West the PS will be East.

Then try this for objects to the North, for objects with hour angles of about -9h and +9h. The pier side should be the same as for objects on the same side of the meridian but to the South, so to the NE (-9h) the PS will be West (looking East)and to the SW (+9h) The PS will be East -> West.
Then check the PS for objects at hour angles of +6h and -6h - between 5h and 7h. The PS should be the same as it was to the North and South.

Please send a log of this even if it works. I'd like to see that it is all behaving as I expect.

Good Luck!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Alfred, Magnus Larsson
3 years 11 months ago #52574

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62
Chris,

Impressive!!

But: I'm not sure how to upgrade to nightly. I run SM 1.5 and it is not Ubuntu Mate based. apt-add-repository doesn't work... is it updat_indi_full and update_indi_drivers I should run - is that for nightly?

Magnus
3 years 11 months ago #52588

Run this:
update_indi_core

And you should be set.
3 years 11 months ago #52596

• Thank you received: 138
There's been no feedback on this, I would be uneasy about posting untested code to the official release.

Chris
3 years 11 months ago #52862

Hi!

Sorry, after updating the SM, clouds and work amass, so I have not been able to produce and logs yet (mount is packed for rain protection). However, a quick check was very promising - no side-of-pier change when moving across the 6h HA "boundary", and a nice shift in s-o-p when slewing in dec along the meridian, when crossing the pole.

I'll post at log as soon as I can unpack the mount again.

Magnus
3 years 11 months ago #52863

Hi!
OK, so clouds parted and I could produce a log file. I follow your instructions (except going to NW instead of SW), that is slewing:
W, a few different objects
E, a few different objects
NE, hour angle around and above -9h
NW, hour angle around and above -9h
W around HA +6h, between 5 and 7
E, around HA -6h, between 5 and 7
then south again

As far as I can see, all work as you say it should. I am very grateful for your work, Chris!

Magnus
3 years 11 months ago #52877
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds