INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars/INDI DMG 3.4.2, Please test

• Thank you received: 809
Greetings Fellow KStars/INDI Mac users.

It has been a little while since we released 3.4.1, so we felt it was time to release 3.4.2 and make all the great work people have been doing available for the users. Today I just did a whole bunch of updates to packages that are included with KStars and updated the QT Version and many other things and made a KStars DMG. So it is very important that all of this stuff gets tested so that we can do a KStars 3.4.2 release. So if you guys could try it out and make sure everything works as expected, I would appreciate it.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.4.2.dmg

Thanks,

Rob
3 years 11 months ago #52146

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please reply here and let me know about any Mac specific bugs in this DMG.

Thanks.
3 years 11 months ago #52147

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,
Everything goes right...except my Pegasus UPB : it crash indi eveytime.
I tried to downgrade to 3.4.1 but now my pegasus upb also crash now.

my config :
eq6 r pro (eqmod), zwo asi (120mcs, 294mcpro, 224mc), pegasus pub, focus pegasus

Best

Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 11 months ago #52153

• Thank you received: 420
Rob,

The DST info for Chile still shows the old rules. See this thread

indilib.org/forum/general/6617-question-...t-timezone-data.html

for more info. In the nightly build on Linux the DST rules are correct but not in this beta for macos.

Thanks, Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #52165

Hi Wouter,

The tzrules.dat file is updated inside the app bundle, but the one in your kstars data folder on your computer is still probably the old one. Delete ~/Application Support/kstars/tzrules.dat and kstars will copy the new one in there.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
3 years 11 months ago #52188

• Thank you received: 420
Thanks Rob, that fixed it. FYI macos is case sensitive and the file is called TZrules.dat but otherwise your instructions were spot on.

Wouter
3 years 11 months ago #52197

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Robert,

I’ve tried this beta, mainly to try the fix in OnStep driver’s slew speed selection.

I’m using the current master branch for OnStep (4.x). Changing the slew speed works... more or less. I mean, now the mount respond ma to the speed changes and I don’t receive any error. But when I press one of the direction buttons the mount star to move on this direction and when I leave the button, the mount keeps the same movement! Same happens If I start the polar alignment process, the first 30° rotation never ends.

If you need any log files or another test, please ask for it here or in OnStep forum.

Thank you for your work on this driver (by the way, the initial setup for the driver is very fast now, almost instantaneous)
3 years 11 months ago #52199

So you were using the onstep driver inside the App bundle connecting to a device directly connected to a Mac and not using it remotely in a raspberry pi or something right?

Does the driver have the same behavior on a Linux system like a pi using the latest build? If it does, this is not a problem with the Mac build, but is in fact a general driver issue.
In that case, you should probably tell the folks that have been working on the driver about the issue. If it is a Mac only issue, I can look into it.

I don't think I contributed to the Onstep driver? I did a bunch of work a couple of years ago on INDIDuino, but I don't think I did anything with onstep.

If there is a change to fix an issue with it, I can certainly do another DMG.
3 years 11 months ago #52201

• Thank you received: 41
Yes, I use KStars on macOS and connect via WiFi with OnStep running on a Mega2560.

I’m apologize by my mistake: James Lancaster is who have made some fixes about this driver recently, not you.

I’ll talk with him. Thank you for generate those builds, so we can test it.

Regards.
3 years 11 months ago #52203

ok, sounds good. You guys should let me know when it is all ready so that it can be tested again.

One note though, since the driver is actually running on the remote device, the Mega2560, I would expect that you would need to update that INDI installation more than the one on the Mac. That of course depends on where the problem is occurring, but I would expect that is probably where the problem is located, since KStars/INDI on the Mac are just receiving the information from and communicating with the driver on the remote machine.
3 years 11 months ago #52206

For anybody with a QHY camera, I found a linking issue in this DMG. I fixed it, but will have to upload a new DMG, so please note that the DMG posted at the start of this thread will not work with QHY because the library isn't in there. I will build another one in a day or two. I want to see if there are any other bugs to be fixed first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Wilson
3 years 11 months ago #52210

• Thank you received: 4
I updated to Kstars 3.4.2 on my Mac but don't see the Sesto Senso 2 driver in Ekos. How do I know I have the latest indi drivers on the Mac or how do I get them?

I upgraded Kstars in the Stellarmate bo to 3.4.2 and I can see the Sesto Senso 2 over there.

Thank you,
Sameer
3 years 11 months ago #52625

Time to create page: 0.708 seconds