INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars/INDI DMG 3.4.2, Please test

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Robert,

I’ve tried this beta, mainly to try the fix in OnStep driver’s slew speed selection.

I’m using the current master branch for OnStep (4.x). Changing the slew speed works... more or less. I mean, now the mount respond ma to the speed changes and I don’t receive any error. But when I press one of the direction buttons the mount star to move on this direction and when I leave the button, the mount keeps the same movement! Same happens If I start the polar alignment process, the first 30° rotation never ends.

If you need any log files or another test, please ask for it here or in OnStep forum.

Thank you for your work on this driver (by the way, the initial setup for the driver is very fast now, almost instantaneous)
4 years 3 days ago #52199

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
So you were using the onstep driver inside the App bundle connecting to a device directly connected to a Mac and not using it remotely in a raspberry pi or something right?

Does the driver have the same behavior on a Linux system like a pi using the latest build? If it does, this is not a problem with the Mac build, but is in fact a general driver issue.
In that case, you should probably tell the folks that have been working on the driver about the issue. If it is a Mac only issue, I can look into it.

I don't think I contributed to the Onstep driver? I did a bunch of work a couple of years ago on INDIDuino, but I don't think I did anything with onstep.

If there is a change to fix an issue with it, I can certainly do another DMG.
4 years 3 days ago #52201

Yes, I use KStars on macOS and connect via WiFi with OnStep running on a Mega2560.

I’m apologize by my mistake: James Lancaster is who have made some fixes about this driver recently, not you.

I’ll talk with him. Thank you for generate those builds, so we can test it.

Regards.
4 years 3 days ago #52203

ok, sounds good. You guys should let me know when it is all ready so that it can be tested again.

One note though, since the driver is actually running on the remote device, the Mega2560, I would expect that you would need to update that INDI installation more than the one on the Mac. That of course depends on where the problem is occurring, but I would expect that is probably where the problem is located, since KStars/INDI on the Mac are just receiving the information from and communicating with the driver on the remote machine.
4 years 3 days ago #52206

For anybody with a QHY camera, I found a linking issue in this DMG. I fixed it, but will have to upload a new DMG, so please note that the DMG posted at the start of this thread will not work with QHY because the library isn't in there. I will build another one in a day or two. I want to see if there are any other bugs to be fixed first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Wilson
4 years 3 days ago #52210

• Thank you received: 4
I updated to Kstars 3.4.2 on my Mac but don't see the Sesto Senso 2 driver in Ekos. How do I know I have the latest indi drivers on the Mac or how do I get them?

I upgraded Kstars in the Stellarmate bo to 3.4.2 and I can see the Sesto Senso 2 over there.

Thank you,
Sameer
3 years 11 months ago #52625

It would be in the official KStars 3.4.2 release for MacOS coming soon.
3 years 11 months ago #52727

• Thank you received: 139
I'll take a look at the new version tonight. Is there somewhere that lists the new features, so we have an idea of the things that need testing?
3 years 11 months ago #52746

I'm actually not sure what has really been changed because I have been really focused on creating the SexySolver Internal Library, so I haven't been as focused on KStars in its current state. The work I have been doing won't be integrated until the next version. So I don't know what new features in KStars need testing.

That being said, there are certain things that can have issues specifically in our Mac build because of the way they get packaged, the way we have to build them, or some differences in the MacOS. I immediately tested a number of these items as soon as I built the DMG before I sent it out. However, just because the tests worked on my system doesn't mean that it will work on all systems. My machine is the one it was built on so we have sometimes had issues with libraries pointing to paths on my system that don't exist on others etc. I should have sent a list of things to test for sure, you are right! Here are some of the things I would test:

Testing the packaged INDIServer and Drivers
- Does the INDIServer Start in local Simulators mode and can you take a picture?
- Do all the drivers appear in the profile editor that you think should be there, are any missing?

Testing with your own equipment
- If you can test any new drivers with equipment you have that would be awesome, since they probably don't have much testing on Macs until the DMG is released
- It might be good to check with equipment you used with KStars in the past to see if there are any regressions and that it still works, however this is less critical I think

Testing the QML based items to make sure QML didn't break (Has happened before)
- Does the What's Interesting Panel open and work with no problems?
- In the Mount Module, can you open and use the Mount Control Panel?

Testing the embedded astrometry.net
- Can you plate solve using the internal astrometry.net package, with and without sextractor enabled (note if you don't have python properly set up, you can't use it without sextractor)

Testing the Internal DBus Server
- Easiest way to do this is to go into the "Script editor," add a simple command like "Zoom in" and hit run to see if it works
- An alternate way is to use the Scheduler, which heavily uses DBus

Hopefully this helps guide the tests

Thanks

Rob
3 years 11 months ago #52755

• Thank you received: 139
Hey Rob,

It seems to work more or less. I had no issues performing image captures, etc inside the app. I did not test the scheduler. But I took images in all modules, and auto focused.

I also did experience multiple crashes to desktop. I've copied the logs here from the finder. Not EKOS logs. Crash one happened when clicking something in the indi drive panel, and crash two happened when disconnecting from the equipment.

File Attachment:

File Name: Archive_20...4-26.zip
File Size:58 KB
3 years 11 months ago #52776
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 12
Let me know when you have a version with QHY linking, and I’ll give it a spin.
3 years 11 months ago #52793

I've discovered that on 3.4.2 the INDI Webcam driver is not included (it was present on 3.4.1)

3 years 11 months ago #53728
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds