INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Mac KStars/INDI DMG 3.4.2, Please test

It would be in the official KStars 3.4.2 release for MacOS coming soon.
3 years 11 months ago #52727

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
I'll take a look at the new version tonight. Is there somewhere that lists the new features, so we have an idea of the things that need testing?
3 years 11 months ago #52746

• Thank you received: 809
I'm actually not sure what has really been changed because I have been really focused on creating the SexySolver Internal Library, so I haven't been as focused on KStars in its current state. The work I have been doing won't be integrated until the next version. So I don't know what new features in KStars need testing.

That being said, there are certain things that can have issues specifically in our Mac build because of the way they get packaged, the way we have to build them, or some differences in the MacOS. I immediately tested a number of these items as soon as I built the DMG before I sent it out. However, just because the tests worked on my system doesn't mean that it will work on all systems. My machine is the one it was built on so we have sometimes had issues with libraries pointing to paths on my system that don't exist on others etc. I should have sent a list of things to test for sure, you are right! Here are some of the things I would test:

Testing the packaged INDIServer and Drivers
- Does the INDIServer Start in local Simulators mode and can you take a picture?
- Do all the drivers appear in the profile editor that you think should be there, are any missing?

Testing with your own equipment
- If you can test any new drivers with equipment you have that would be awesome, since they probably don't have much testing on Macs until the DMG is released
- It might be good to check with equipment you used with KStars in the past to see if there are any regressions and that it still works, however this is less critical I think

Testing the QML based items to make sure QML didn't break (Has happened before)
- Does the What's Interesting Panel open and work with no problems?
- In the Mount Module, can you open and use the Mount Control Panel?

Testing the embedded astrometry.net
- Can you plate solve using the internal astrometry.net package, with and without sextractor enabled (note if you don't have python properly set up, you can't use it without sextractor)

Testing the Internal DBus Server
- Easiest way to do this is to go into the "Script editor," add a simple command like "Zoom in" and hit run to see if it works
- An alternate way is to use the Scheduler, which heavily uses DBus

Hopefully this helps guide the tests

Thanks

Rob
3 years 11 months ago #52755

Hey Rob,

It seems to work more or less. I had no issues performing image captures, etc inside the app. I did not test the scheduler. But I took images in all modules, and auto focused.

I also did experience multiple crashes to desktop. I've copied the logs here from the finder. Not EKOS logs. Crash one happened when clicking something in the indi drive panel, and crash two happened when disconnecting from the equipment.

File Attachment:

File Name: Archive_20...4-26.zip
File Size:58 KB
3 years 11 months ago #52776
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 12
Let me know when you have a version with QHY linking, and I’ll give it a spin.
3 years 11 months ago #52793

• Thank you received: 41
I've discovered that on 3.4.2 the INDI Webcam driver is not included (it was present on 3.4.1)

3 years 10 months ago #53728
Attachments:

I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but EKOS on Mac 3.4.2 crashed hard on trying to shoot flats. And would not let me into the flats configuration to set the ADU value. After the crash, I just switched to 3.4.1, so I didn't do any further testing.
3 years 10 months ago #53757

• Thank you received: 41
I’ve been using 3.4.2 since the DMG was uploaded taking lights, flat, darks and bias without any problem. Canon EOS 40D, stored as FITS files.
3 years 10 months ago #53764

• Thank you received: 4
Am having serious problems with the QHY5LIIM guider since 3.4.2 and possibly 3.4.1. Keep getting sudden exposure timeout error and then there is no option but to restart everything and connect again. Happened 5-7 times last imaging session and so had to watch over for every single sub. Everything else is fine. Had no issues with taking flats as described in another post
3 years 10 months ago #53771

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds