INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Had a good automated Meridian Flip last night

• Thank you received: 155
Here's the video:

I was lucky in that a guide star was found. That is normally the biggest reason for failure.
I used to have the flip fail a lot until I realized that EKOS does not reset the ALIGNMENT module to use "SLEW to TARGET" option if I had left it on "Sync" only.
To me that is a soft bug, or at least a usability fault. In order fir the automated flip to work it MUST slew to target, but if that option was not selected in the Alignment module, then it fails and only syncs.

Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Jim, Wolfgang Reissenberger, Brian
3 years 11 months ago #52514

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you for making the video to explain all the process! So right finding the guide star is *usually* the biggest issue. I think by the time Robert sextractor changes are merged into KStars, we'd have a much better chance of successfully detecting even faint stars.
3 years 11 months ago #52536

• Thank you received: 109
Very nice video work and explanation. Congrats as well to the kstars/Ekos developers that have put countless hours into this beast to have it operate seemingly effortlessly on the outside.
3 years 11 months ago #52573

• Thank you received: 40
Every time mine occurs, I love watching it and all the different tasks that happen. I've even posted it to my friends on FB... hey look at my scope doing a Meridian Flip. I know, it's a snoozer for those not involved... watching a telescope slowly move to it's new location.haha!

But all that activity that works! Great job all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Reissenberger
3 years 11 months ago #52575

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds