INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Pegasus UPB Driver Crashes after latest 1.8.5 update

• Thank you received: 26
When starting INDI with Ekos and devices are connecting, a message appears stating 'INDI Driver <strong>Pegasus UPB</strong> crashed. Restart It?' I have tested a simplified setup with Ekos configured with mount simulator, CCD simulator and only aux device selected as Pegasus UPB. During testing I disconnected all devices from the UPB - only power and USB to the PC are connected. (While connected to the UPB, other devices - EQ6-R mount, ASI and QHY cameras worked OK - I'm confident the UPB is functional).
I'm using a Lenovo mini PC running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
I note my Pegasus UPB (v2) has latest firmware 1.4.

This issue has only occurred since installing 1.8.5, this system worked fine with the previous version.

I have tried the nightly version without success.

Is there a way to downgrade to an earlier version?

I have attached a log file.

Thanks for your assistance. I appreciate any further advice anyone has.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Noel. Reason: Windows system was able to update firmware of UPB to latest 1.4. Retested on Ubuntu system - no luck.
3 years 11 months ago #52564
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just tested it here (Firmware v1.4) and it works fine. Try to purge the configuration file, upgrade the firmware, and try again.
3 years 11 months ago #52565

Thanks Jasem, can you advise the correct process to purge the configuration file?
3 years 11 months ago #52567

Thanks Jasem, I found how to purge the config from the INDI Control Panel in EKOS.

This seems to be working again :)

For anyone that needs to do this, disable autoconnect of devices in your device profile. Start INDI, launch the control panel and purge the config from the options tab:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 11 months ago #52569
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds