New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #55031
Han, you were quite right, using crpix-center for all the solvers solved the orientation problem you reported on this image nova.astrometry.net/user_images/3710784#original . I think that is a good policy because we really do want the coordinates to be the center of the image. I just committed the change.
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #55781
So, to give an update: Now that the repo is mostly perfected and almost ready for integration into programs except for a couple of remaining issues, a friend of mine is helping me to do a code review. I am also working on how other programs will interface with it. He and I are playing with integrating it into KStars now. I also figured that before we get too far, I would attempt a renaming. The name sexysolver came naturally from blending the words Sextractor and Solver which is very descriptive of what the library does. However, several people expressed concern about the name, and not just for puritanical reasons. Recently another friend told me that some people's workplaces might filter or block anything that has the word sexy or sex in it, which could mean that they would be unable to work with the library due to the name. So I have thought about it for a couple of weeks and decided that the name StellarSolver is close enough and still pretty catchy.
I am not 100% sure that I have sorted out all the issues with renaming it yet, since it took me a few steps, but it seems to be mostly good now.
As for how you update, are you currently using Linux, Mac, or Windows? If it is Linux, you can first "git pull" and then use one of the two install scripts that I put in the linux-scripts folder. I did verify that this worked properly yesterday. If it is Mac or Windows, even though I code on my Mac, for distribution I have been releasing craft recipes and binary distributions of the tester. Before I do that, I need to do more testing today to make sure everything works and that I updated the craft recipes properly.
An interesting thing that I noticed: Even though I changed the name of the repo from sexysolver-tester to stellarsolver, the old links still work fine and if you already cloned the repo, you can just do a "git pull" since it is actually still the same repository.
New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed #55819
Hi, I think I have it going to both places actually. If you check, it should also be in the libdir. I had to put it in both places because I have had issues in the past on some systems not being able to find libraries in the libdir or libdir not properly being set. For example, I have been on some raspberry pi systems and all the INDI libraries got installed in the libdir, but then when another program tried to find them, it looked in /usr/lib and couldn't find them since they were in the libdir. So I think it might be good to install in both places just in case.