INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, it sounds like that would work pretty well. I am hoping that when I am done it won't be so many steps.
3 years 9 months ago #55804

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
Hi Rob,
seems you've hardcoded the destination /usr/lib/libstellarsolver.a in the makefile. Shouldn't that use LIBDIR? On my system, 64bit stuff goes to /usr/lib64 :o
3 years 9 months ago #55808

Hi, I think I have it going to both places actually. If you check, it should also be in the libdir. I had to put it in both places because I have had issues in the past on some systems not being able to find libraries in the libdir or libdir not properly being set. For example, I have been on some raspberry pi systems and all the INDI libraries got installed in the libdir, but then when another program tried to find them, it looked in /usr/lib and couldn't find them since they were in the libdir. So I think it might be good to install in both places just in case.

install(TARGETS stellarsolverstatic DESTINATION "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/")
install(TARGETS stellarsolver DESTINATION "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/")
install(TARGETS stellarsolverstatic DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR})
install(TARGETS stellarsolver DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR})
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
3 years 9 months ago #55819

• Thank you received: 133
Ah thanks. Yes, I realized too late that both get installed.. Somewhat nasty, as those two should separate 64 and 32 bit libs... But no huge issue indeed.
3 years 9 months ago #55840

• Thank you received: 92
Hello Robert,

What's next for the StellarSolver?

Han
3 years 7 months ago #58333

So I was working on getting it working in KStars, having somebody do a code review, and making revisions based upon things I find during the integration process. I was working on that in June, but then I took a bit of a break from it because I would like to get some other things done and I was working almost exclusively on that as my non work related project for a couple of months. I had a bunch of other projects that were getting neglected. I will be hopefully getting back to it this week I hope. I made a lot of progress on the other projects. I need to probably better manage my time so that I can do more than one project at once. But I am definitely hoping to make good progress on it this week.
3 years 7 months ago #58335

• Thank you received: 92

For the record, ASTAP can still read and display these XYLS files but in the next ASTAP version 0.9.410, I will remove the possibility to use them as an input to the ASTAP solver. At the moment I don't think this option will be ever used. I like to clean up the ASTAP code and secondly the ASTAP source extractor is also improved making sextractor usage less desirable.

Han
3 years 7 months ago #58378

• Thank you received: 109
Greetings all, and thank you for all the work on stellarsolver @rlancaste.

Last night, I put a PR up to add the spec file to stellarsolver. This allows an RPM to be built for systems that use RPM packages. I successfully built the RPMs from the branch the PR is created from for all current (and future) Fedora versions and made them available. Once the PR is merged to master, I will update the docs here with how to add the repository. This branch build also allowed me to make new kstars packages available that include stellarsolver. From version `1:3.5.0.git-20201009051405.fc32` and newer, stellarsolver will be included with kstars in the RPM, and is listed as a required dependency in the package.

Jim
3 years 5 months ago #61298

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Trying to test this for the first time, I pulled down the code from git. Following the instructions on Github, I should then run
./installLinux.sh

However, I find no such script. Is it still the two install scripts in linux-scripts folder that are to be used?

Magnus
3 years 5 months ago #61299

• Thank you received: 4
Jasem hosts the libstellarsolver-dev package.

sudo apt install libstellarsolver-dev

But the compiler throws an error in building kstars.
../kstars/ekos/align/opsalign.cpp:50:34: error: ‘loadSavedOptionsProfiles’ is not a member of ‘StellarSolver’

I had no compile problem with the installStellarSolverLibrary.sh script from github.com/rlancaste/stellarsolver/tree/master/linux-scripts

Maybe I should deinstall the deb package and reinstall from github?