Ihoujin wrote: KStars Built Build: 2020-10-30T03:22:05Z
Last night I compiled StellarSolver and KStars. I was pleased to find importing RAW images is now supported Thank you.
I also tested with a few other files, and noticed one of my JPG images I had successfully been solving does not load properly now. The image itself is now distorted.
The original jpg is also attached.
I also had one image I previously could solve in around 10 seconds but now took at least 80 seconds to do. My trouble is, now that half of the preset profiles have been pruned out, I am not sure what settings made up the difference. I can recall I had some of my best results with the now removed Fast Solver preset.
This image is attached. The Bubble Nebula.
Lastly. I do not believe the RAM check is reliable at the moment. I have encountered some crashes with it on. I believe I am just on the limit of stable use of Load All Indexes on a Pi with 4GB. It will either:
1. Work really fast with indexes loaded into RAM
2. Will say I do not have enough RAM and work slower
3. Or concerningly it will say I can load into RAM, but then crashes.
I have attached logs that should help, but do note they were from an earlier build, details are included.
Edit: I found that JPGs exported specifically from GIMP are distorted when loaded. Any ideas as to why that might be? The image used to load without issues until only very recently.
This makes sense.
The plan is as of now to keep StellarSolver in a separate repository. [..] I think having the code separated and making it a dependency simplifies the code in KStars. It encapsulates the functions and related code so that KStars just has to set options and tell it to either solve or extract stars, StellarSolver handles the rest.
I would welcome the opportunity to get access to some kind of training material; count me in - at some point in the future
rlancaste wrote: I have been trying to produce Setup Scripts in repositories that would get new developers on Windows, Mac, and Linux set up to develop for KStars. These are not really ready for general use, since I have been focused on these other priorities, but I hope to get back to them soon.
Although Rob was able to repeat the issue yesterday. After a fresh build today, the distorted image issue did not return.
knro wrote: I just tested with both JPEGs and they both load perfectly fine and solve fine as well. No distortion at all. So I take it it must be something at your end causing this.