INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Internal Solver for Mac, Windows, and Linux -- Testing/ Experiments needed

• Thank you received: 182

Have you tried:

sudo apt-get -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" -f install

Then run the installation again

??
3 years 4 months ago #63045

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
@ El Corazon

thank you for your suggestion.
I issued this command but the problem with the dependency of libraw-dev persists.
libraw-dev depends on libraw19 (= 0.19.5-1ubuntu1) but 0.19.6~202002010816~ubuntu20.04.1 should be installed

I am still able to build KStars, so -luckily- this is no showstopper but I thought I report it back (for what it's worth).

I had two clear nights since the end of September (6.11.2020 and 7.11.2020 = 11/6 and 11/7) and KStars worked like a charm.
Powered by

GNU / Linux
Git
KDE neon
KStars | EKOS | INDI

and some cheap hardware
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 4 months ago #63052

I'm running Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS. Is there a stable version of Kstars/Ekos that includes the new solver?
3 years 4 months ago #63072

• Thank you received: 182

The current nightly works flawlessly for me. I suggest installing that for the time being.
3 years 4 months ago #63074

• Thank you received: 92
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the update. I wanted to test the Windows version 1.5 but failed to find the correct executable. There are 121 executable files but none with a name like Stellarsolver.exe or something similar. How to run this tester?

Han

3 years 4 months ago #63078

• Thank you received: 5
I’ve been using the nightly build for the last couple of days. This would appear to include the new stellar solver update. Someone asked above if this does contain the most current release. I don’t think it’s been confirmed but it would appear so. This has been working well for me on the simulators. Clouds have prevented any real world testing for the last couple of days.

binary-factory.kde.org/job/KStars_Nightly_win64/
3 years 4 months ago #63081

• Thank you received: 809
Han I will have to check that, it might be my recipe or it might be an issue with Craft. I believe on Windows it should be called StellarSolverTester.exe. I will test that later today and see if there was some sort of packaging issue. I would like to make sure the Tester's Mac Windows and Linux versions are all working great and easy to use and distribute.

But the good news is that it is fully integrated into KStars and the release should be happening in the next couple of days. Sorry it hasn't happened yet, I am the one holding it up, but I found a couple of extremely critical but unrelated bugs in the Mac version that I am sorting out. The KStars startup wizard wasn't working and for any new users that is critical!
3 years 4 months ago #63086

Sorry, the 3.5.0 release of KStars has been held up a little. I'm working out some issues for Macs at the moment and I will have that done hopefully later today. To release a stable version we should make sure its stable :-). Right now the beta crashes on Mac if you run the startup wizard. I have the fix already implemented, but I will need to package it up and try it again later today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starman99
3 years 4 months ago #63087

Han, you were absolutely right. Apparently I had made a mistake in an update I was making to the craft recipe for building the tester on windows. I updated it and rebuilt it. Then I updated the release with the correct binaries Please try it again.
3 years 4 months ago #63095

• Thank you received: 92
Ron,

Thanks. It got the new test program now running in Windows. Looks all okay. Solves all in a few seconds. The default option and "all stars" seems most reliable.

Han
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by han.
3 years 4 months ago #63132

• Thank you received: 17
Rob,
I just updated my Raspberry Pi to the latest KSARS using the AstroPi3 script with the new StellarSolver. During testing with the simulators I kept getting failed to solve errors. I eventually realised that the reason for the failure was I had only downloaded the relevant index files for my 80mm x 500mm FL imaging setup, the default simulator scope setup at 120mm x 900mm FL would not solve as the relevant index files were not present. On the Astronomy.net solver it would flash a warning that the index files were missing. Would it be possible to add the warning message to StellarSolver? It may help out newcomers to resolve any setup issues.

I must say once I had changed the simulator telescope settings to match those of my imaging setup, it worked flawlessly on both GSC and uploaded images, very nice work indeed.

Many Thanks

Alan
3 years 4 months ago #63149

@El Corazon
you pointed me in the right direction.
Finally I used Synaptic to install libraw-dev while downgrading the libraw package.