INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Maximise/Minimise Indi windows?

• Thank you received: 10
Hi guys
While running Kstars-bleeding with Ekos each time I want to minimise a window such as the Indi control panel or a fitsviewer window they just minimise to the Kstars button in the bottom panel and if I want to access them I have to minimise Kstars and then maximise it and all the windows are back again is there a setting I`ve missed somewhere running Netrunner 15?.. Watching Jasem`s demo on Youtube all the minimsed windows seem to have their own button in the bottom panel
cheers
Steve
9 years 1 day ago #3737

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 1 day ago #3738

• Thank you received: 2
One more thing - why sometimes tabs of the INDI Control Panel are changing their order?

P.S. In order not to open a separate topic - can be Ports for Celestron NexStar moved to Main Control tab? :)
9 years 1 day ago #3739
Attachments:

Yes I wondered that too !. Regarding the windows minimising, I`m not sure if its a Linux or Kstars or Indi or even a KDE thing that needs some setting adjusted??. I`ve searched all over the place but can`t find an answer. It must be doable as Jasem does it on the Youtube tut!
Steve
9 years 21 hours ago #3759

After a bit of digging it seems that Plasma 5 now uses something called Modal windows which prevents child windows from an application to be shown on their own under the Task Manager, something which was available under Plasma 4 apparantly so it looks like separate windows can`t have their own minimise button! Doh :ohmy: .
Steve
8 years 11 months ago #3786

That's not true, I am running KStars under Plasma 5 and both Ekos and Device Manager have their own task bar icons.
8 years 11 months ago #3800

Ah! right thanks for that Jasem but when I minimise Ekos or any other Kstars window eg fitsviewer it just minimises to the Kstars button??. Any tips how to enable this again please ?.
Steve
8 years 11 months ago #3801

Time to create page: 0.879 seconds