INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Focusing without motorized automation.

2 months 1 week ago
jws_indi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Focusing without motorized automation. #52794
Last night was my first light with the Kstars / Ekos installed on an Ubuntu 18.04 laptop. I am currently waiting on delivery of a Raspberry Pi to remote the operation via Stellar Mate. (Wanted to test run the system on my laptop prior to a full commitment.) Everything worked as expected but at this time I do not have a motorized focuser...

My question is how can I use the focus function without a motorized and connected focuser? I would like to take advantage of the HFR and V curve till I can afford a motorized setup.

Jim

Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Focusing without motorized automation. #52813
Hit the loop button in the focus tab and turn the focus knob with your hand until you get the lowest HFR value.

HTH, Wouter

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
The following user(s) said Thank You jws_indi

2 months 1 week ago 2 months 1 week ago by ouioui01.
ouioui01
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Focusing without motorized automation. #52816
Hi,

Wouter already answered there : www.indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/6138-f...tofocuser.html#46986

Cheers

Edit: too fast Wouter

----
ES ED 127mm FCD100, AZEQ6 GT, Nikon D800 full modded / D5300, ASI120mm-s for guiding, Polemaster
-- RPi4 Stellarmate 1.5.1, Windows 10 Pro, Kstars/Ekos/Indi/PHD2/VNC

2 months 1 week ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Focusing without motorized automation. #52819
Haha I forgot about that comment. You have a great memory!

Wouter

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

2 months 1 week ago
jws_indi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Focusing without motorized automation. #52827

wvreeven wrote: Hit the loop button in the focus tab and turn the focus knob with your hand until you get the lowest HFR value.

HTH, Wouter

Thank you Sir

Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.

2 months 1 week ago
jws_indi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Focusing without motorized automation. #52829

ouioui01 wrote: Hi,

Wouter already answered there : www.indilib.org/forum/stellarmate/6138-f...tofocuser.html#46986

Cheers

Edit: too fast Wouter

New to the board, my search results or keywords did not catch... Thank you for the response !

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds