INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

VNC Viewer

• Thank you received: 1

VNC Viewer was created by Douglas Mason

Hi,

I have been setting up VNC viewer so I can us it if required.

when I enter the IP address and log into Astroberry via VNC the screen that I see is not the same as it is on my laptop, the screen appears to be smaller in seize and the tab to the left of the screen with Indi Manager etc on it is missing.

I've looked at my laptop screen resolution and this is 1920 X 1080 and I have checked the screen resolution in Astroberry and this is also showing 1920 X 1080.

Can anyone give me some advice so I can get the screens looking the same with the Indi manager Tab etc to the left of the screen back in sight.

I was going to attach an image but I don't know how to get from VNC onto this forum.

Thanks for any help

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52868

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic VNC Viewer

Sliding menu on the left is available ONLY when you connect to Astroberry with a web browser. It is not available when using VNC client.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Mason
3 years 11 months ago #52884

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic VNC Viewer

But he can change the screen size by editing the /boot/config.txt file and specifying preferred monitor geometry under the Framebuffer options and setting hdmi_force_hotplug=1, correct?
I don't use Astroberry, so Radek will have to confirm that that option will still work under Astroberry.
Jo
3 years 11 months ago #52909

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic VNC Viewer

Yes, you can change resolution by editing /boot/config.txt OR using raspi-config OR Menu / Preferences / Raspberry Pi Configuration
3 years 11 months ago #52919

• Thank you received: 50

Replied by Avocette on topic VNC Viewer

This is exactly my situation (laptop and RPi both 1920x1080 resolution) and I always use VNC to connect in Astroberry hotspot mode. There is a VNC tab at the top centre of the laptop screen which almost disappears when you click on the full-screen ikon, at which time the laptop image looks pixel perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Mason
3 years 11 months ago #52924

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Douglas Mason on topic VNC Viewer

Problem now sorted, found the tab on VNC viewer and was able to change the screen seize.

Thanks for the help

Doug
3 years 11 months ago #52939

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds